Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Little

The Little Family Employment Program

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

This should be here on Foodie.  Cracks me up.

My oldest boy is 23 and lives in Atlanta, just graduated last spring and wants to go to grad school.  Employment wise, he has worked in a restaurant of one or another since he was old enough, and before that he was wandering through the kitchen and store of his mother's takeout and catering company.  As of this summer he was running a catering operation, small but he was in charge.  He has purchased, prepped, backed line, sous in the cafe, a lot for a young age.  Last summer he decides to go out in the big world and try a higher end place, where he is now.  He is right back to prep, and he is getting pummeled all over again, but he is fired up cause he is learning a lot of cool new stuff.

Back up.  Way back to me.  When I first got on my feet in Atlanta in the entertainment production world I started out as an audio engineer-the guy that stands behind that pile of  gear on the arena floor and "runs" the PA you hear.,  One of my earlier acts I worked for was Indigo Girls.  I was with them on and off all through the 90s.  One is Emily Saliers.  Emily opened a little breakfast cafe in Decatur GA, she had an interest in the restaurant biz., and it did quite well.  The Flying Biscuit.  It is still around (the coolest breakfast item ever was the European Breakfast-an espresso to go and two cigarettes.  Apparently that was against some tax law).  After that, she opened Watershed in Decatur.  She has since moved it to Midtown Atlanta and it has gone from good to Damn good and recognized..

My boy is at Watershed.  This dear woman has kept TWO generations of Littles fed and clothed.  I havent spoken to either of the Girls in over ten years, but I found out recently that Ross has not yet met Emil;y.  A BIG practical joke is in order.

The restaurant is about to air on some food network show about the best fried chicken list etc.  Check it out if you make it down there.

Its also one of their best tunes.  

Edited by Little