Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jmei

Rod glove (or other rod covers/sleeves)

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

Anyone here ever use a Rod Glove (name of the company; you can Google it to see what I'm talking about) or another rod cover/sleeve for a two piece surf rod? I rely a lot on public transportation and walking to get to fishing spots and am worried about chipping my guides and such. It looks like they were designed for freshwater rods-- are they wide enough to accommodate both halves of a 9' to 11' surf rod, including the larger bottom guides? Is there another product or a DIY solution you would recommend? Thanks in advance.

The ones i have that came with rods i purchased are very thin and cheap, no real protection there. some guy's get someone with a sewing machine, and go to a fabric store and buy some material, and have it made to there specs. not a hard job for someone who can use a sewing machine. i've been in these stores with the warden , and there's plenty of material to choose from.

I got a few of those rod gloves from Bass Pro last month. They were on sale for around 5 bucks. I keep my saltwater rods in my SUV for the season and these seem to be a good shield. I got the ones that could accommodate up to an 8' spinning rod. They're not a full 8' long, but they cover my 7'6" rods up to the foregrips. Something I noted is the more you attempt to stretch them the narrower they become, like a Chinese finger trap. They're pretty cheap, so give it a shot. I think it'll work for what you're describing.

You can use double sided fusible webbing.....don't have to know how to sew......Make a pattern with quilted material or water resistant

Perhaps a pattern like a rifle case with a carry handle

Then fuse the pattern together.  washable and dryer safe.

just need an iron

Edited by bluejeanz01