Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Little

Something, anything! A casserole idea please

Rate this topic

33 posts in this topic

Im in a rut, nothing sounds good, and no good ideas.

A casserole that is make a day ahead.  Out of the fridge and into the oven next day at grandma's house, or maybe a crock pot thing that I start in the morning.  I gotta feed some folks, but I WANT TO WATCH THE DAMN FOOTBALL GAME!!!

Help.

(Kind of sounds like the script to a 1964 tv commercial doesnt it?)

Big tray of lasagna?

Baked Pasta alla Norma? Make it like Norma, undercook the pasta, add mozzarella and parm, mix and dump into baking pan, top with mozz, add some chicken stock and bake it. Toss some cut up sausages or grilled chicken in there too

Edited by Mike

baked ziti

not quite a casserole but chicken, turkey or beef pot pie.  It's pretty easy if you buy a store bought crust.....serve over rice or baked potato

Priscilla's marinated black bean and steak salad.  Served cold usually, but could be done in a crockpot too.  Excellent stuff and I'm eating it right now.   Easy to find with google. 

Mexican casserole.  Basically layers of torillas with refried beans, black olives, shredded chicken, spices, and cheese in between.  Make a gravy with a flour/butter roux base to start, build up with spices, tomatoe puree, some cx stock, and cover the casserole with it.  Handful of avocados and salsa for a quick guacamole, bag of chips, and you are set.

Chicken ala King or Turkey Tettrazini. Recipe for the latter is in the Recipe Forum. For the former, it is basically chicken pot pie filling spooned over egg noddles in a casserole with some bread crumbs and cheese added on top. They are quite similar, but the ala king has more veggies in it than the tettrazini.

I saw a scalloped potato and ham casserole the other day that look good, smokey, salty, cheesy   

I do a ham mac n cheese casserole that's always a hit.  I try to use holiday ham leftovers, sautee some onion and mushrooms, and bake like a typical mac n cheese casserole.  

Chicken ala King or Turkey Tettrazini. Recipe for the latter is in the Recipe Forum. For the former, it is basically chicken pot pie filling spooned over egg noddles in a casserole with some bread crumbs and cheese added on top. They are quite similar, but the ala king has more veggies in it than the tettrazini.

I stopped back to this thread to also suggest a chicken casserole. Grab a couple rotisserie chickens and chuck the meat.

Mix with par cooked noodles, veggies, cannelloni beans, shredded cheese and a light gravy, mushroom soup or mayo/cream cheese/broth mix, spiced however you like, then bake it with breadcrumbs on top.

Can also just mix chicken, noodles. sliced peppers, mushrooms, some creamy vodka sauce and bake with mozz on top.

Edited by Mike