Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
aquaholik

Don't make this mistake: Stradic FK rotor ring

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

So a while back I took apart the Stradic FK just to see it's gut and seals:

20160121_124616_zpswjttkfce.jpg

Somehow I misplaced the rotor ring. Turn over the waste basket several times looking for it:

20160121_124546_zpsw5kdcpuv.jpg

So finally, Shimano has the part in stock. I went to disassemble my reel and found the rotor ring magically appeared where it should be missing. Scratching my head, I reckoned I must have pulled the same part from either the Twinpower 3000 or 4000 and put it in the Stradic since I was testing the Stradic heavily.

So I checked both Twinpowers and both of them still have their rotor ring?!?!?!?!

My eyes must have deceived me so I pulled the rotor again on the Stradic FK. Yep, sure enough it's missing! But I saw it 15 minutes ago!:

Turning the rotor over and this is what I see:

20160121_124720_zpsjjxoqcyf.jpg

Put the tweezer to it:

20160121_124738_zpslz43tvja.jpg

Yep, it fits and sometime get stuck in the rotor perfectly. So I never lost the rotor ring in the first place. Got an extra one now :).

And now you know..... the rest of the story!

I would be banging my head..!!

My Twinpowers do the same thing.

Yeah, getting too old for this sort of stuff to happen to me. Open up one Twinpower.... rotor ring is there. Open up another one...it's there. Start looking around the room for hidden camera. Who the hell sneaked in here and fixed my Stradic FK! Been waiting for that part over three months and now it's magically there!

When it went missing again 15 minutes later, the light finally blinked in my brain.

Just a reminder when I take the rotor off reels I do look underneath for shims...

Thanks for the tip. Got most Daiwa inshore reel down pretty good. Full teardown and cleaned and relubed a few older Twinpowers but the newer generation of Twinpower and Stellas still has me a little nervous. Shimmed the handle play on the newer one but haven't done a full teardown yet.