Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NS Mike D

Tim, Can You Confirm Something

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

You posted :   "The next time someone makes a personal, off topic comment about another member, they can go in the mod queue for a while."

Do the exceptions still apply to this.   If so, please articulate when it is acceptable to make off topic personal comments. 

Edited by TimS
please leave the personal stuff out of your posts

I'm still suffering from butt hurt.

hopefully at the spring fling Tim and I can spend a few moments out of the spotlight and I can ask him if he really thinks that my decade plus of posting here is REALLY devoid of earnest attempts at conversation,

I think aside form the obvious over the top threads my posts are generally on topic and make a meaningful contribution to the dialogue.

You left a few people out, just an fyi.

nope.  These are the specific members I have gotten contradicting indications from Tim that were publicly discussed with him.    There is no need to mention anyone else. 

Why wouldn't everyone be treated the exactly the same?

because it's pretty hard to do.

I honestly understand the nature of being the most visible and vocal person with a conflicting opinion,

and I am unapologetic for having it.

So I get that it puts a bullseye on my back,

and I get that it makes sense that I take a few shots.

for a long time the unwritten rules were I'd take the shots,

and when it crossed a line,

I could throw some counter punches,

and things would blow up for a bit

then simmer down for a while.

when counter punching was deemed the source of the problem,

then it went downhill for me.

Mike, like I said, no one is welcome to start threads or make posts about other members - that includes you. You don't need to worry about handling the personal, off topic stuff, I'm going to do it myself. This way there is no confusion.

If you have any other forum leader questions, please contact me privately or through the admin forum - you know, like all other forums leaders/admins handle this stuff :th:

TimS