Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DAQ

NFL ensuring game balls...

Rate this topic

31 posts in this topic

... are only handled by authorized people.  :laugh:

REFEREES LEFT KICKING BALLS AT HOTEL, NEEDED MASS STATE POLICE TO DRIVE THEM TO GILLETTE STADIUM 01.20.16 at 9:51 pm ET

Mass State Police needed to drive the kicking balls and gauges for the Patriots-Chiefs divisional round game toGillette Stadium because the referees left them at a Boston hotel.

The NFL is in charge of providing kicking balls for games, so that is why the referees were in possession of them.

ESPN’s Mike Reiss obtained a statement from the Mass State Police detailing what happened. It read:

At approximately 2:30 p.m. Saturday, Massachusetts State police at Logan airport were notified by the Hyatt Hotel on airport property that the officials at Gillette Stadium for that afternoon’s Patriots’ playoff game had left official, specially designated footballs and pressure gauges behind at the hotel. The hotel had been contacted by the NFL after it realized the equipment had been left behind.

State Police contacted an NFL security official at Gillette Stadium. NFL security requested State Police assistance in bringing the footballs and gauges to the stadium. The footballs in question are referred to as K-balls, short for kicking balls. They are the official footballs provided by the league for use in kicking plays.

A hotel employee retrieved the equipment. State Police Detective Lieutenant Thomas Coffey, who was on duty at Troop F that afternoon, along with the hotel employee, drove the K-balls and gauges to Gillette Stadium, arriving at approximately 3:30 p.m., and turned them over to the NFL.

The news was first reported by Patriots color analyst Scott Zolak.

Ironically, it came almost a year to the day of the start of Deflategate.

Pat fans and woman. Never scorn either because they'll never let you hear the end of it. I say that in the nicest way. Now can we wait till March. I'm sure there will be lots of ball talk then. :)

"Now can we wait till March"

You can avoid the discussion by not clicking on the thread. 

We Pats fans find this of interest and enjoy discussing the NFL's deceit. 

No one is forcing you to read any of it. 

Don't include yourself in the "we" part and leave "us" to talk among ourselves and your problem is solved. 

There's no need to attempt censoring us. 

Pat fans and woman. Never scorn either because they'll never let you hear the end of it. I say that in the nicest way. Now can we wait till March. I'm sure there will be lots of ball talk then. :)

http://www.stripersonline.com/surftalk/topic/640211-yankees-suck/

Edited by Bass Ackwards

I'm planning ahead. Already have several cheating allegations lined up for the Patriots' win on Sunday.

Tom Brady's cleats are above regulation size

Steroids in the Gatorade

Jerseys coated in Vaseline

Josh McDaniels put on his old Broncos gear to infiltrate the Denver sidelines

Rob Gronkowski is a cyborg

I'm planning ahead. Already have several cheating allegations lined up for the Patriots' win on Sunday.

Tom Brady's cleats are above regulation size

Steroids in the Gatorade

Jerseys coated in Vaseline

Josh McDaniels put on his old Broncos gear to infiltrate the Denver sidelines

Rob Gronkowski is a cyborg

not so sure that last one is out of the realm of possibility....