Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MikeM58

Something about Palin that's Bothering Me

20 posts in this topic

Watching her on the news last night, clips were shown about her hawkish stance on ISIS.  Phrases like "kick their a$$" were throwm around very loosely.  Next she's making statements about how her son was "changed" by service in the ME.  PTSD is being blamed.

As a mother, I would think she would understand you can't have it both ways.  I do some volunteer work with vets here in St. Louis and PTSD is no joke.  How can you rattle the sabre, and want to send other people's sons to go fight, when your own son is having issues related to service?  It's disgusting to me watch her strut around with that whole "mama grizzley" persona, when her own son is suffering.

I was really bothered watching that last night.  I am pro military to my very bones, but because of that, I'm wary to send them in harms way without a good reason, because I understand the costs that will be paid by the guys wearing the boots.

Can't watch her anymore without thinking about Tina Fey.

And vice versa.... and I want to spank them both for being naughty...

In direct response to MikeMunn.... the answer is because she's a politician 

Is 6 Palin threads on page 1 a record do you suppose? 

I'm not sure there were ever 6 Hussein threads at the same time.

Watching her on the news last night, clips were shown about her hawkish stance on ISIS.  Phrases like "kick their a$$" were throwm around very loosely.  Next she's making statements about how her son was "changed" by service in the ME.  PTSD is being blamed.

As a mother, I would think she would understand you can't have it both ways.  I do some volunteer work with vets here in St. Louis and PTSD is no joke.  How can you rattle the sabre, and want to send other people's sons to go fight, when your own son is having issues related to service?  It's disgusting to me watch her strut around with that whole "mama grizzley" persona, when her own son is suffering.

I was really bothered watching that last night.  I am pro military to my very bones, but because of that, I'm wary to send them in harms way without a good reason, because I understand the costs that will be paid by the guys wearing the boots.

spot-on Mike.  Unless she wants her son to go back over there and fight, she might want to shut her hole on ramping up a war.  

And vice versa.... and I want to spank them both for being naughty...

In direct response to MikeMunn.... the answer is because she's a politician 

I didn't want my point buried in some of that BS in the other threads.  

Why are you watching her in the first place? She caters to the same base that Trump attracts.

I was watching her on the nightly news.  Was i supposed to change the channel?  I didn't get the memo.

Good point Mike. Political rhetoric can certainly go down some really strange roads. To me, this is just another example of politics/fame coming first in that family. 

I didn't want my point buried in some of that BS in the other threads.  

I agree with your OP,

one comment I saw was about a CIC who will let our Military go do their job (not worry about rules of engagement etc.)

I'm thinking that would lead directly to what she now claims her son is suffering from.

hypocrisy is ugly,

and it's rare that two stories will be going on simultaneously to expose it like this.