Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
saltydawg

Questions About Ending the Occupation

Rate this topic

48 posts in this topic

So, it seems Oregon is fed up with the lack of movement on the part of the feds. Why don't they just tell the feds to pound sand and take care of their own property and leave? Beyond protecting the local people, what is Oregon's (or the county's) responsibility in this mess?

(CNN)Oregon Gov. Kate Brown has had enough.

Brown publicly vented her frustration Wednesday with the armed group of protesters who've taken over a federal wildlife refuge in Harney County, in the southeastern corner of her state. But she's also fed up with federal officials' response to the occupation and urged them to put an end to it.

"The residents of Harney County have been overlooked and underserved by federal officials' response thus far," Brown said during a news conference. "This spectacle of lawlessness must end. And until Harney County is free of it I will not stop insisting that federal officials enforce the law."

Rising costs

And keeping an eye on the occupiers apparently isn't cheap. The price tag on the nearly three-week-old occupation is costing Oregon about $100,000 a week, Brown said. She wants reimbursement from the federal government for those mounting costs.

Kristen Grainger, Brown's director of communications, said costs related to the occupation included everything from bringing in extra law enforcement to food.

Dont care.  Kill em.

As a side note. If someone walked up to me and said, "Sir, watching the occupiers is costing the state 100 thousand a week", my instantaneous reply would be "you're fired."

.  Kill em.

That would cost a lot more because of the legal wranglings.

Why not just walk away and say, "Good luck with your federal building!" It's federal jurisdiction I would think, so why make it the state's worry?

Why not just walk away and say, "Good luck with your federal building!" It's federal jurisdiction I would think, so why make it the state's worry?

Kill the whiners after.  Its the statist's way.

This.  They'd go away of no one gave a crap about them.  

The Left protects its own, and advocates the slaughter of its enemies. Good little 'progressive' Marxists. Nothing new to see here; lets move along.

Block the compounds egress, and starve them out. They'll leave quickly enough. Martyr them, and the embers of a new American Alamo will smolder for years.

Edited by Roadrunner

Oregon Standoff: One of Protestors Has Murder Conviction

http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/01/oregon_standoff_among_the_prot.html

Your run-of-the-mill peaceful armed patriotic occupier of federal property.

Enforce existing gun laws!

Edited by patchyfog