Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stripedbassking

USPS Rates

21 posts in this topic

Just checked the prices. Yes it seems like they did go up. Get a Click and Ship account. You'll at least save a little that way.

That is the way to go but I think you can also just do it online and save without signing up.  At least you could last time I wanted to ship without standing in line at the PO.

Just checked the prices. Yes it seems like they did go up. Get a Click and Ship account. You'll at least save a little that way.

I haven't check it myself, I do have an account with them, but my wife told me that she read that Click-And-Ship will no longer give the discount.  You can still print postage labels but no longer get a discount.

Been working ( ? ) for USPS for nearly 37 years, rates went up on Jan 17th. Probably because the building where I work there are no stamp sales or retail sales there , we were never told about the increase.

Every day I see more of an effort to push customers away. Parcel volume has more than doubled, so to get more customers, they raise the rates.

I do hear though that USPS has a new motto...We're not satisfied until you're not satisfied!

Ahhh...my last winter of draggin my butt through the snow!

Sooooooooo bad lately.  Mailed a check that took 2 weeks to arrive.  Had at least 2 packages up and vanish like a fart in the wind in the last month.  Makes it to the sorting facility and then never resurfaces.  Had another package take 3 weeks to make it to TX from NJ (went all the way to Minneapolis/St Paul before finally making it's way to the correct address), lost a money order,  had a package disappear and when an inquiry was initiated the package miraculously reappeared although torn open.  Coincidence???  And now they raise the rates again?!  

Postal service has really declined over the years.  A couple retirees have told me there is no caring of customers any more.  Only cost cutting.  I recall when they followed my local carrier on his route for a few days then instructed him on how to cut corners.  Only problem was I lived on a corner and they had him cut through my yard to save a few steps.  Didn't take long for his path to form.  I had to write a letter to the local postmaster to get him back on the sidewalk lest he be penalized.

Recently UPS has been passing off packages to USPS to deliver.  I tracked one Amazon Prime delivery to the local PO where it 'disappeared'.  Amazon sent a replacement arriving in three days, delivered UPS via USPS.  Three days later the original package appeared, by USPS, but to return it I had to either pay $10 for UPS pickup, find a UPS drop off or run down a UPS truck.  

All I have to say is OUCH!! for the mom and pop shops.  Low weight package increase is off the chart.  With the fuel cost at all time low, they should turn record profits, and yet, this is the steepest increase I seen in a long time. 

Postal service has really declined over the years.  A couple retirees have told me there is no caring of customers any more.  Only cost cutting.  I recall when they followed my local carrier on his route for a few days then instructed him on how to cut corners.  Only problem was I lived on a corner and they had him cut through my yard to save a few steps.  Didn't take long for his path to form.  I had to write a letter to the local postmaster to get him back on the sidewalk lest he be penalized.

Recently UPS has been passing off packages to USPS to deliver.  I tracked one Amazon Prime delivery to the local PO where it 'disappeared'.  Amazon sent a replacement arriving in three days, delivered UPS via USPS.  Three days later the original package appeared, by USPS, but to return it I had to either pay $10 for UPS pickup, find a UPS drop off or run down a UPS truck.  

I guess customers are lucky here in southern CT. We're not major distributions centers. Amazon is typically 1 day delivery. Sundays too.

First class mail...well there is none. USPS has pretty much become UPS Jr. 

I have seen many occasions where UPS has not sent the packages to the local PO but has scanned in advance. Makes it seem as though PO has lost parcel or not delivered.

If anyone thinks UPS doesnt make mistakes..man I see many many mis-deliveries  every week. A lot of them their pricey second day air.

With e commerce the way it is growing its impossible nowadays to be %100 perfect. Everything is push push  faster more! 

The best way to avoid the issue...go shopping support the local economy.

All I have to say is OUCH!! for the mom and pop shops.  Low weight package increase is off the chart.  With the fuel cost at all time low, they should turn record profits, and yet, this is the steepest increase I seen in a long time. 

Not just mom and pop shops. Just here on the BST forums. Add the cost of shipping to some of the higher end stuff guys offer for sale here, and the price approaches new retail.

Same with Ebay nowadays. Want to buy something online that seems like a great price...add shipping costs and no longer a great price. I just as soon go to my local tackle shop and buy the item new. Keep my money local.

And its only going to get worse. I have a few one piece rods I'm looking to sell. They're over 7ft. So I cant begin to imagine what shipping for those babies will be. Cant ship USPS...they cant ship over 7ft.

My chance of selling these rods are nil because its going to be around $50 just to ship them.

The best way to avoid the issue...go shopping support the local economy

That would be nice if the inventory was there, but it's not so its off to the net!