Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Angler #1

East Sandwich Bulkhead

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

will be seeing a transformation this spring. The walkway will be improved to enable those fishing a more safe place to fish from. I learned of this in a discussion with the Corp . They are aware of the ongoing foot problems from walking on the uneven and broken ground Lets hope they include the area where the building just came down as well. It is suppose to begin before the spring fishing if all goes well. I know a lot of us old folks will be looking forward to any improvement made to the path we all fish and stand on.

The new fish market and restaurant was granted a full liquor license at last nights BOS meeting. After speaking with both brothers last night they are now on a path of opening in July, should they not encounter any more obstacles along the way . They encountered another foundation under one and had to spend time removing more then they have anticipated in order to put in what they hope will be a solid foundation able to hold up against any flooding situation.

Parking will be limited to on site places,once they are open they plan on working with the youth to show them what it is like to work in the fishing industry by providing tours and on site learning experiences. They plan on purchasing commercially caught bass from local fishermen, but they plan also on being more diligent and meeting all regulations for such purchasing. It good thing all around and hopefully given the background of this family will maintain a very high integrity business along the Sandwich water front. I was very impressed on how they kept emphasizing family values both during the meeting and after in a private one on one conversation.   

Chuck they live in Plymouth from what i was told It will be going on the old freezer property land[once called the freezer plant on freezer road. The east end bulkhead is where the large parking lot is located going to the power plant on the left side of the marina