Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NS Mike D

What would you name Planets 9 and X

Rate this topic

48 posts in this topic

I read an article that said mathematically Planet 9 exists (Pluto, no longer is a planet).   It's about the size of Neptune and takes 10,000 - 20,000  years to orbit the sun.   It's about 20 billion to 100 billion miles away.

They expect it will be seen within 5 years to confirm it's existence, and while it will likely be discovered by a space telescope ......

.... depending on where in its egg shaped orbit it is,  it may pass close enough to earth to be seen by a good backyard telescope. 

If you spot it first,   do you don't you get to name it?    

Planet X may also exist 

image.jpg

^^^  California Institute if Technology drew up this picture of the planet.  What are they hiding from the lit side of the planet?  

I read an article that said mathematically Planet 9 exists (Pluto, no longer is a planet).   It's about the size of Neptune and takes 10,000 - 20,000  years to orbit the sun.   It's about 20 billion to 100 billion miles away.

They expect it will be seen within 5 years to confirm it's existence, and while it will likely be discovered by a space telescope ......

.... depending on where in its egg shaped orbit it is,  it may pass close enough to earth to be seen by a good backyard telescope. 

If you spot it first,   do you don't you get to name it?    

Planet X may also exist 

I think   "Eureka" it is the perfect name for the  newly discovered  planet; it's my first choice.

Eureka | Define Eureka at Dictionary.com

A Greek word meaning “I have found it!” An exclamation that accompanies a discovery:

eu·re·ka
yo͝oˈrēkə,yə-/  
exclamation
exclamation: eureka
a cry of joy or satisfaction when one finds or discovers something.