Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Whopper Bubba

Baby Killers: Right and Responsibility or Inhuman Action?

Rate this topic

38 posts in this topic

Shall I chime in for our resident Marxists, and talk about 'reproductive rights', and 'the war on women'? Or should I just wait until the Neo-Coms put down their bongs? :huh:

Me, I'm pro-choice, but can't abide late-term abortions. Even Liberal Europe doesn't allow that, except in extreme cases.

IMO it doesn't get much more "inhuman" than killing a defenseless child in the womb.

Between the two I would have to say forcing a woman against her will to carry an unwanted pregnancy to term would be the real inhuman action.

IMO it doesn't get much more "inhuman" than killing a defenseless child in the womb.

the degree I agree with this statement depends heavily on how far along the pregnancy is.

if we are discussion a fertilized egg, then the list of things MORE inhuman would be extensive,

if we are talking about a baby ready to be born, then I would probably agree.

the degree I agree with this statement depends heavily on how far along the pregnancy is.

if we are discussion a fertilized egg, then the list of things MORE inhuman would be extensive,

if we are talking about a baby ready to be born, then I would probably agree.

To me, it is the lesser of two evils.   Tragic, yes,  but more tragic is an unwanted baby born to parent(s) who are ill-equipped to parent.    

I think it's impossible to state with any certainly when a fetus becomes a person to be protected.   But I am comfortable with the current timetable that denotes wha is considered late term.     Better that than no limit or no abortions whatsoever  

To me, it is the lesser of two evils.   Tragic, yes,  but more tragic is an unwanted baby born to parent(s) who are ill-equipped to parent.    

I hear ya,

but again it's a sliding scale for me,

at some point the parents seem a bit scummy and callous for not going to term and looking into adoption etc.

Between the two I would have to say forcing a woman against her will to carry an unwanted pregnancy to term would be the real inhuman action.

Problem I have is that some of the born again whackadoodles want a Handmaid's Tale Christian utopia where women are men's chattel. Breeders; carriers of their sacred seed. Sorry Christian Taliban. Those days are done & gone. That ship has sailed. :wave:

Shall I chime in for our resident Marxists, and talk about 'reproductive rights', and 'the war on women'? Or should I just wait until the Neo-Coms put down their bongs? :huh:

Problem I have is that some of the born again whackadoodles want a Handmaid's Tale Christian utopia where women are men's chattel. Breeders; carriers of their sacred seed. Sorry Christian Taliban. Those days are done & gone. That ship has sailed. :wave:

not sure what the resident Marxist Neo Com dope smoker position is,

but that's a pretty harsh view of the born agains.

I hear ya,

but again it's a sliding scale for me,

at some point the parents seem a bit scummy and callous for not going to term and looking into adoption etc.

I actually agree,    I meant that give them the option to abort early.     I am ok with banning late term abortions.    That's when the scale tips for me.     At that point he fetus is close enough to being a born baby for the state to protect it as if it was actually born.   

There will still be unwanted babies,   and hopefully most will end up for adoption.   I hate thinking about those that don't  

abortion is a sad thing

always.

in most cases I would prefer it not be done.

people who view it as birth control are disgusting,

I'm just even less fond of legislating the decision away.

What infuriates me about Christian Taliban, are the ones who fervently oppose ANY form or type of birth control; condoms, The Pill, IUD's, implants; ANYTHING. It drives me bonkers. Anything that keeps an egg from being fertilized in the first place should be encouraged, no? :huh:

I have to stand with women, for the most part, concerning abortion rights, even SOME late term abortions. Last time I checked, I didn't have a womb. Not my decision.