Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HopHead

N.J. bill would shield all police video, recordings of 911 calls from public view

12 posts in this topic

I don't see this flying.....and it shouldn't IMO.

Police videotapes and 911 call recordings would no longer be public documents under a bill introduced by Sen. Paul Sarlo, D-Wood-Ridge.

Sarlo's bill would expand the category of criminal investigative records that are exempt from the public records law to include any law enforcement camera recordings and 911 audio recordings or transcripts of 911 calls.

http://www.northjersey.com/news/n-j-bill-would-shield-all-police-video-recordings-of-911-calls-from-public-view-1.1495436

Is there any truth to the rumor that NJ Police want to be called the SS?

Isn't the whole purpose of body cameras is to make the police accountable?  This would totally defeat that purpose.

Cabo

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can be used against you. Nothing you say can help you.

The cameras they wear will be used for their benefit but anything that does not help them will be hidden from view...

The reason they are avail is a federal law. Eff jersey, particularly north jersey!

Lay off my home turf homebwee.

I bet the Union put him up to it

Definitely!

No friggin way this has a chance at getting a single vote.

And people laugh when I say the powers that be are trying to set up a police state. Too many cops getting caught, lets hide or destroy the evidence, instead of changing the behavior.