Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lagerhead

Jehova's witness

Rate this topic

104 posts in this topic

This is one crazy cult. I worked with one in the past. As a coworker, nobody liked him. I found out my dept head is one and he is a total dick bag.

This is one crazy cult. I worked with one in the past. As a coworker, nobody liked him. I found out my dept head is one and he is a total dick bag.

Are you the church janitor :headscratch:

Edited by Terry Mac

2 of my 6 siblings were/are members. One got out and the other goes back and forth and can't make up her mind. 

Neither bother me as I don't believe in fairytales. 

My parents had a coworker who was a JW.  We went to their house for some sort of party/gathering when I was in high school, and we were the only non-JW's.  Pretty sure the entire Kingdom Hall or whatever they call them was there.   It was very strange.  Definitely felt like we had stumbled into a cult.   Everyone was looking at me like I had been dropped off by an alien spacecraft when we arrived.  Yet all of the kids wanted to hang out and prove they were normal.  Some weird people, indeed, and a lot of them came off as very simple-minded.

We had a kid in the neighborhood growing up who was part of a family of them.  Always felt bad for him.  He couldn't join the boy scouts with us, or play organized sports (not sure if that was a family or cult rule).  He was a good kid, but always looked sad that he couldn't do much with the rest of us.  His folks had a huge garden, and he spent most of his time weeding it.  Hope he got out!

Edited by MikeMunn

growing up our token jehova family was loaded, kids were oppressed. but bigtime silver spoons. brand new sports cars at 17, flashy people. the kid I graduated with is now either in jail or witness protection after getting popped flying in 5 kilos of blow and 'cases' of steroids worth mid-high 6 figures from mehico to MO. my brother in law worked for him and he would often fly them to jobs out of state in his plane, disappear for a few days then pick them up & bring back home. he was running powder for years everybody knew it and he made millions but they seized everything. so im guessing they forgive & forget because somebody got the dude some top notch legal rep and nobody seems to know what happened to him

I worked with a couple of them.

both real good guys. Both were sports fanatics (both participating and viewing).

both gambled ( a strict no-no, supposedly) Both were good natured about the ball busting we used to do to them. ( and could give as good as they got)

Pretty regular guys as far as I could tell, except for the whole Birthdays / Christmas thing...

Edited by Finster