Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Budlightyear

Wicked tuna wicked scam

Rate this topic

67 posts in this topic

it's not the money they make it's the scam of collecting disability while working when other legits actually have to go to work to get paid. 

Folks are allowed to legally work while on SSI.........I think it around $750 a month before it affects the SSI payment. Cannot imagine some one pin hooking bass in the ditch at a 2 fish limit making 2 much........That being said most folks paid for there SSI so if they can work a little legally while on it why not?

Do you really think anyone makes enough $$$ off stripers to even remotely interest authorities?

I think it's more about the disability money he took while claiming he was unable to work.   Obviously, he WAS working - and in quite a demanding position.  

If a commercial fisherman is doing the same thing - collecting diability while actively "working", I see no difference.  It's still fraud.   The only difference is that Paul on Wicked Tuna would likely make a whole lot more than your average commercial striper fisherman.  The fraud is the money they're taking from the government, not the money they're making on the side.

The wicked tuna guy was breaking the law but many people who are on SSI can legally earn a few bucks. Flipping burgers or selling fish.......Itdoesn't really matter as long as they follow the guidelines set forth by the gov........................http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/how-much-can-you-work-while-receiving-social-security-disability-ssdi-benefits.html

Folks are allowed to legally work while on SSI.........I think it around $750 a month before it affects the SSI payment. Cannot imagine some one pin hooking bass in the ditch at a 2 fish limit making 2 much........That being said most folks paid for there SSI so if they can work a little legally while on it why not?

Boat guys fish in boats and catch fish then hit canal and catch fish. It was 30 a day 2014. 600 lbs x 2.50 = on a 20lb average fish being caught???. This is not bash the commercial guy it's bash the frauds. If this was a golf website it has the same meaning. 

Most on Disability claims are on it because they can't work or perform what they were doing prior to getting injured. The "injury" prevents them from physical labor. 

Ahhh think you are bashing...Anyone who sells a fish......Tell me the guy that got his limit in his boat then went to the ditch to catch more coz he just an awesome dude fishermen superman....... seriously?....BTW U can even make over the amount you just dont get your disability payment for that month. The cheating is when you dont declare your income. Many folks are on SSI and want to work they way off back to a normal life....I say good for them rather than bashing them

I just read it was that creep Paul.  He was the reason I stopped watching that show.  Regulars who appear on these reality shows (as it Wicked Tuna is reality :rolleyes: ) get paid substantial $$$s per episode. So that's probably what messed up Paul's SSI.

What messed up his ssi is that the reason he was collecting was his injury prevented him from doing manual labor?????? They don't make money selling tuna they make huge money from TV. 

Man do I hate that crap. This guy was trying to cheat the system. He got caught which is why he is pleading guilty. 

These people cost us all a lot of money - I find it intriguing when people try to find angles to defend them (justify their actions) when they are guilty. 

Man do I hate that crap. This guy was trying to cheat the system. He got caught which is why he is pleading guilty. 

These people cost us all a lot of money - I find it intriguing when people try to find angles to defend them (justify their actions) when they are guilty. 

Who's defending them? Just saying folks have a right to make a few bucks while on SSI......The op tried to present it as everyone with a bass permit is defrauding the gov some how......Get your facts straight sunshine........

It was Paul?  Damn. ... yes, fishing tuna, getting paid on TV and collecting disability is a scam.  Period.

Again the OP was not referring to wicked tuna employees he was making accusations about anyone with a MA comm. bass permit..............