flysully

New model LL Bean Emerger bootfoot waders

44 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Just saw on LLBean that they've introduced a new Emerger breathable Seamless Technology bootfoot wader w/AquaStealth soles. Seems like what we've been waiting for with the seamless technology that Orvis has been successful with, only Orvis still is not offering a bootfoot model with a seamless wader attached. Price is $299 w/free shipping and all sizes are backordered. Nice color and belt/pocket design.
There is a 10% off code, expiring today, which is SNOW10 shown on their home page.

And, as always, waders are sold with Bean's guarantee.

BTW, just spoke again to a Bean rep. Although a bootfoot wader stud package @ $39 is shown on the wader webpage as "frequently purchased together", the rep told me these AquaStealth boots cannot be studded. Having worn AquaStealth soled boots for surf/rock fishing in Maine, he feels safe and secure with this type of sole vs. felt. He also told me the boot connection to the wader is "solid" and they don't expect to find that area as a leakage point. The first delivery is expected the first week of February.

Edited by flysully

Posted (edited)

Howz about a zipper with some of these hi-tech waders!!  Hate to take gear belts and the top half of waders off when almighty nature calls !!

Edited by yogiiiboy

If the new emergers are anything like the kennebecs...they are a step down in terms of how tough the material is. 

I know garments have gotten more advanced in terms of coatings and breathability.   But stronger and more puncture resistant....i'm not convinced.

If you got a good pair of emergers.....I'd say keep em until they fail.

Howz about a zipper with some of these hi-tech waders!!  Hate to take gear belts and the top half of waders off when almighty nature calls !!

The zipper on the zip Kennebecs is about as sturdy of a zipper as you can get.  the pull tab is over built.   I googled the zipper before making the purchase.

I think  I paid 230 bucks when they were on sale.  If you wanted to buy the zipper by itself for making your own garment.  It would run ya around 80$.......just for the zipper.

Compared to the zipper on the Stormer evolution bib.......it makes the Stormer zipper it's bitch......I have a columbia interchange jacket with a tougher zipper than the stormr.

My friend has the zip up limited simms with the weird pattern on the inside.  It uses the same zipper as the beans

Keep your eye on these new LL Bean Emerger waders. There are very few, if any, other quality manufacturers of lug sole, bootfoot waders still selling them. Orvis has dropped out, Snowbee doesn't seem to be selling in the USA any longer. You can get Simms, but, it will cost you a big bundle. I hope these new Emergers are the real deal and going to be around for awhile.

As a loyal LL Bean shopper who has bought and returned at least a half dozen pairs of these waders over the past several years, this is great news.   l have had repeated conversations with their product managers, and it looks like they have finally taken some action.  I suspect my current pair to start leaking sometime in the early summer and look forward to trying these new ones. 

As a loyal LL Bean shopper who has bought and returned at least a half dozen pairs of these waders over the past several years, this is great news.   l have had repeated conversations with their product managers, and it looks like they have finally taken some action.  I suspect my current pair to start leaking sometime in the early summer and look forward to trying these new ones. 

I'm on the same page as you Marty... I have been thru a boatload of bootfoot Beans, the most recent run was of 3 pair of the Boa closures bootfoots, which I now have all crimped up to keep tight... they are going back now that there is an alternative.

I got a pair of Kennebec waders from LL Bean with a zipper..... they are stocking foot..love them

Are we saying that these waders are "that much" better ??  I mean, I thought that sooner or later all waders end up leaking..............what's the supposed durability of these new Emergers?

Are we saying that these waders are "that much" better ??  I mean, I thought that sooner or later all waders end up leaking..............what's the supposed durability of these new Emergers?

True, but I have averaged maybe 8-10 weeks during the season when I fish daily.  Hopefully the new ones will last longer.  

True, but I have averaged maybe 8-10 weeks during the season when I fish daily.  Hopefully the new ones will last longer.  

Marty ???  8-10 weeks ???     Geez......that's a lot of money you have to spend on waders if that's your average turnover.  Holy $#@%.......

Hopefully the new waders they do a better job with the water repellant on the legs and so forth.  Received my fifth pair in four years end of November.  Wore them a few times and they started to be like a wet rag.  When you first get them the water beads off and after a while they absorb the water and feel like a wet rag in and out.  Glad they have a great return policy.  Looking forward to trade up.