Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishhappy

Abu Ora Winch v. Revo S

10 posts in this topic

I am looking to buy another bass reel. I have come down to two, one is the Abu Revo Winch, and the other is the Revo S. Any suggestions?

Two different gear ratios....Winch is pretty low if I recall, more of a crank bait reel?

Two different gear ratios....Winch is pretty low if I recall, more of a crank bait reel?

Correct, or any other situation that someone might want to ensure a slow retrieve.

Mostly I would use it for topwaters and whacky presentations.

I don't fish bass much using top waters and my main quarry rarely hits topwaters, but if I did I might want something with a quicker retrieve then an Abu Winch; I would pick the Revo S. But, you would do better to see if some of the bass experts chime in rather the listen to a catfish/walleye angler. LOL.

Fishhappy , I purchased an Orra Winch about a week ago . It casts a mile and is as smooth as any reel . With a 5.4:1 cranking ratio it would not bother you fishing it all day like a fast retrieve would . The biggest thing about a fast retrieve is you will most likely fish it to fast for worms and maybe to fast for topwater . The low ratio would be best for crank baiting , worms and the fast I use for spinnerbaits , buzzzbaits . I got a new one on the bay for $80 , most places sell them for $99

The faster Revo S will allow for faster line retrieve on missed strikes to be able to throw it back out quicker. You can always crank it back in slower on the retrieve or use your rod tip to twitch those two baits.

The Winch is a beats for crankbaits and the lower gears don't wear out from the torque that crankbaits generate.

DG