CaryGreene

Favorite Mackerel Lures/Plugs & How You Fish Them

Rate this topic

139 posts in this topic

Yo Cary!  I was throwing a green mac A-40 by the railroad bridge  this morning. Surprisingly I didn't even get a bump. Must be the warm weather has scared the bass out of the canal :freak:

post-4036-0-29143200-1454191214.jpg

Very sexy plug choice Stewie. Must have been nice out there today. Fresh air do 'ya some good? I haven't seen the G Mack Atom, I like it! What, were you goin' for something big? Normally you throw those little Darters with all the bite marks on them! All I did today was take a bike ride in the woods & eat pizza.

ps. Matt, that Avatar picture of yours is great! I'm thinking of changing mine, from the jetty to somethin' a little more classic...

post-40947-0-09349200-1454199073.jpg

Also, I'm feeling a little under the weather tonight. Feeling qeasy. Might have to put a bucket near the bed just in case...now, let me see. Do I have any buckets around. Hmmmmm...., ah yes. This old cardboard box should do...

post-40947-0-69188900-1454199503_thumb.jpeg

Edited by CaryGreene

Very sexy plug choice Stewie. Must have been nice out there today. Fresh air do 'ya some good? I haven't seen the G Mack Atom, I like it! What, we're you goin' for something big? Normally you throw those little Darters with all the bite marks on them! All I did today was take a bike ride in the woods & eat pizza.

ps. Matt, that Avatar picture of yours is great! I'm thinking of changing mine, from the jetty to somethin' a little more classic...

attachicon.gif-626517816.jpg

Also, I'm feeling a little under the weather tonight. Feeling qeasy. Might have to put a bucket near the bed just in case...now, let me see. Do I have any buckets around. Hmmmmm...., ah yes. This old cardboard box should do...

attachicon.gif4903.jpeg

woa!.....got jigs?

Cary

Yeah... family. I started late...I'm 55...got married ten years ago... 9 year old boy. Been in VT almost 30 years now. Used to get back to RI and MA a lot more frequently when i was single. Work for me has become very awesome and very busy. We have another office on the north shore and im hoping to travel down there for "work" more...and fish nights.

I wish i could be back in my twenties in RI again. Those were some good fishing years back then and although i was living on the coast i was largely ignorant.

It took me many years to completely fall in love with the ocean and surf fishing and now im landlocked.

Your herring article has made me decide that i will return to the creek if my youth this spring and study the herring and pursue bass there instead of other locations ive been going to over the years. I spent a lot of time netting herring in the spring when I was a kid.

Cary

Yeah... family. I started late...I'm 55...got married ten years ago... 9 year old boy. Been in VT almost 30 years now. Used to get back to RI and MA a lot more frequently when i was single. Work for me has become very awesome and very busy. We have another office on the north shore and im hoping to travel down there for "work" more...and fish nights.

I wish i could be back in my twenties in RI again. Those were some good fishing years back then and although i was living on the coast i was largely ignorant.

It took me many years to completely fall in love with the ocean and surf fishing and now im landlocked.

Your herring article has made me decide that i will return to the creek if my youth this spring and study the herring and pursue bass there instead of other locations ive been going to over the years. I spent a lot of time netting herring in the spring when I was a kid.

Sounds like a wonderful story Blackdogfish! I'm glad you liked the article too! I love VT! Home of Heady Topper IPA, great Ice Cream, Maple Syrup Nirvana, Cheddar Cheese and the prettiest Mountains, brooks & rivers anywhere! Edited by CaryGreene

Sounds like a wonderful story Blackdogfish! I'm glad you liked the article too! I love VT! Home of Heady Topper IPA, great Ice Cream, Maple Syrup Nirvana, Cheddar Cheese and the prettiest Mountains, brooks & rivers anywhere!

Plus Bernie Sanders and Phish!

Back to the topic at hand, being a topwater booty junkie and coming from someone who enjoys home pours-I tend to favor a very large crafted sluggo.  I pour 'em oversized either green over white or blue over white with glitter, rattles, eyeballs and lots and lots of stripes!   You can quickly turn an albino sluggo into any pattern  you want with some markers  for a quick fix.  

"Very sexy plug choice Stewie. Must have been nice out there today. Fresh air do 'ya some good? I haven't seen the G Mack Atom, I like it! What, were you goin' for something big? Normally you throw those little Darters with all the bite marks on them! All I did today was take a bike ride in the woods & eat pizza."....Cary

You won't see another one either, it's a one off(well, we could be bribed into making another, I guess) :laugh:

Cary is that Aton 40 painted?  My old 40's are plastic , some with metal flakes.  Blue and white,  pink and white  and  red and yellow.  That is some collection of Macks and thanks for posting. 

Put my question is how do you throw those with your 10wt. Is it hard?  Are you using an Airflo  ha ha

"Very sexy plug choice Stewie. Must have been nice out there today. Fresh air do 'ya some good? I haven't seen the G Mack Atom, I like it! What, were you goin' for something big? Normally you throw those little Darters with all the bite marks on them! All I did today was take a bike ride in the woods & eat pizza."....Cary

You won't see another one either, it's a one off(well, we could be bribed into making another, I guess) :laugh:

Ok what's it gonna take Stewie? A six pack of IPA & some Chile next time we're at the Canal? Some Custom Flagg Stubs? Now go easy on me here Stewie, you have me over a barrel. I've never seen a custom Atom 40 before and you know how much I love plugs. I'm vulnerable. You're not gonna ask me for a Mike's Beast Darter are 'ya? Edited by CaryGreene