CaryGreene

Favorite Mackerel Lures/Plugs & How You Fish Them

Rate this topic

139 posts in this topic

Hahaha, that beer, that's right!! You know, I never did get one sip of that bottle of suds. It's probably sittin on some sand dune man!

The hooks I'm using in all of the plugs VMC In Line Hooks, most are 3/0 or 5/0. The really small lures use 1/0 or 2/0 and no I have a big pile of 6/0 I found them to be most3ly too big.

post-12617-0-47910100-1453329275_thumb.jpg

is this an in line hook? its small what would it be good on sp minnows?

post-12617-0-48209900-1453329302_thumb.jpg

CG

You are insane my friend. Not that that's a bad thing.

First of all fishing 200 days a year is something that I will only do after I die. I'm tremendously envious of those of you who are in that zone.

Second... and this is a serious question... do you have one of every color of every plug from every manufacturer? Just in the photos you have posted recently I have seen entire ranges from multiple manufacturers and various types represented with specific colors /patterns. I keep adding to my collection but you've got to have a few thousand bucks into plugs.

Third... I have had a few atom 40s from the 80s on my garage for years. Just last month I pulled them off the nails, added new hooks and put them back into the lineup. The darn things crack at the first touch of a rock and need crack repair. You think the liquidy superglue or epoxy for this?

Nice work. My hat's off to you if you are additionally married! Tremendous kudos if you also have a job and have kids!!!!!

CG

First of all fishing 200 days a year is something that I will only do after I die. I'm tremendously envious of those of you who are in that zone.

Second... and this is a serious question... do you have one of every color of every plug from every manufacturer? Just in the photos you have posted recently I have seen entire ranges from multiple manufacturers and various types represented with specific colors /patterns. I keep adding to my collection but you've got to have a few thousand bucks into plugs.

Third... I have had a few atom 40s from the 80s on my garage for years. Just last month I pulled them off the nails, added new hooks and put them back into the lineup. The darn things crack at the first touch of a rock and need crack repair. You think the liquidy superglue or epoxy for this?

Nice work. My hat's off to you if you are additionally married! Tremendous kudos if you also have a job and have kids!!!!!

CG

Thanks for sharing the different Mac plugs.  Something to check ou the new jigskinz mac pattern.  I am not affiliated with them... just a user.   I like having the ability to recoat a lure that i know has the action I or the fish wants. 

Hi Black Dog Fish, I have a lot of plugs for sure! LOL. I worked in the Fishing Industry for a very long time but fishing/fly-fishing has just been a hard core life long passion and since I don't golf, I work on fishing even when I'm not fishing. Tackle and related toys have had a way of piling up throughout my life. I don't know about having a few thousand bucks worth of plugs. I mean, I have thousands of plugs so it may be more! Bottom line is that fishing is my passion.

I do have a family by the way, yes! One I love very much!!

I retired from Corporate America only last year! I lived either on a river or the beach for over 30 years too so that lifestyle opens the door to after hours fishing! We all know I'm a junkie though. Can't deny it. I'm also into some hunting as well. Imagine all the ammo in my basement!?? LOL

Now, the family part is very unusual. You see, I am married to Little Red Riding Hood. After I scared the woodsman away, I captured her. She now has to dust my lures when she's not working. Here's a family shot from this past Halloween.

How 'bout you? Do you have a family & job?

post-40947-0-01765100-1454185312_thumb.jpeg

Edited by CaryGreene

Hi Black Dog Fish, I have a lot of plugs for sure! LOL. I worked in the Fishing Industry for a very long time but fishing/fly-fishing has just been a hard core life long passion and since I don't golf, I work on fishing even when I'm not fishing. Tackle and related toys have had a way of piling up throughout my life. I don't know about having a few thousand bucks worth of plugs. I mean, I have thousands of plugs so it may be more! Bottom line is that fishing is my passion.

I do have a family by the way, yes! One I love very much!!

I retired from Corporate America only last year! I lived either on a river or the beach for over 30 years too so that lifestyle opens the door to after hours fishing! We all know I'm a junkie though. Can't deny it. I'm also into some hunting as well. Imagine all the ammo in my basement!?? LOL

Now, the family part is very unusual. You see, I am married to Little Red Riding Hood. After I scared the woodsman away, I captured her. She now has to dust my lures when she's not working. Here's a family shot from this past Halloween.

How 'bout you? Do you have a family & job?

attachicon.gif1033.jpeg

That's awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Great pic of the family and outfits!