Followers 0
bhorsley

warm weather --Jake Jordan Sailfish Challenge video

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

Sarah just finished this.  Making me sad as it is 25 degrees and blowing 30 

Edited by bhorsley

Brian

Great that this is a C+R event and looks to be so well run with regard to fish care. Looks like those very heavy fly rods with skilled use do a good job in ensuring short fights. Mate is impressive how he deals with fish brought to the boat side.

Nice video thanks. One day maybe I hope.

Mike

Brian

Great that this is a C+R event and looks to be so well run with regard to fish care. Looks like those very heavy fly rods with skilled use do a good job in ensuring short fights. Mate is impressive how he deals with fish brought to the boat side.

Nice video thanks. One day maybe I hope.

Mike

I just have to agree with Mike.  Outstanding event at so many levels. One day maybe I hope too!!

yes the captains and crew really take care of the fish --they almost never bring one in the boat for a "lap dance " photo--which is great.  The have other ways of getting better photos of a client and his fish--gopro on a stick.  The secret to sailfish is to put as much heat on them as you can with 20 pound tippet --so they jump a lot and wear themselves out quickly.  When they go deep it can get painful 

The crews from the production of Pacific Blues in Hawaii can learn a thing or two from them. It turns my stomach to watch how many magnificent marlin the thoughtless self centered ethically impaired and morally bankrupt idiots kill.

Kudos for the Casa Vieja captains and crew !

Edited by sidelock