Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MikeM58

Pray on Your Own Time

112 posts in this topic

http://news.yahoo.com/us-company-ban-muslim-prayer-breaks-just-did-193255402.html

This should cause a stir.  Companies are beginning to restrict or eliminate "prayer breaks" for their Muslim employees.  Working in manufacturing myself, I couldn't imagine the hardship of trying to coordinate all the prayers breaks and keep the plant moving in an efficient manner.  I hope these rulings hold up.  For me this has nothing to do with freedom of religion, it has to do with staying competitive as a business.

...but we always make time for smokers to take a smoke break...

I want to work in your manufacturing plant, any plant I've worked in gets 10-15 break in am, 1/2 lunch and 10-15 min break in pm. Sneak off and smoke or pray at your own risk

I cannot help but imagine the outrage if there was Christian theme involved. There would be outrage and talk of religious liberty and Christian persecution. Where are the candidates? Why are they not jumping on the bandwagon of "religious Liberty"? Shocked I am, just shocked that they won't get out there and ramble on about American religious freedom! Huckabee where are you...

They're already squatting could they just combine a 10-100 with their prayer break?

Smoke um don't chew um, said the Big Chief to the squaw!

I cannot help but imagine the outrage if there was Christian theme involved. There would be outrage and talk of religious liberty and Christian persecution. Where are the candidates? Why are they not jumping on the bandwagon of "religious Liberty"? Shocked I am, just shocked that they won't get out there and ramble on about American religious freedom! Huckabee where are you...

Except the vast majority of Christians don't attempt that BS.  

But since we're the type of nation to be very conciliatory in regards to one religion these days above all others...

I agree,

not THAT BS, other BS maybe, but the prayer break is more of a Muslim/Orthodox Jewish thing.

I agree,

not THAT BS, other BS maybe, but the prayer break is more of a Muslim/Orthodox Jewish thing.

What other BS might a Christian pull at work?

Spot on

But since we're the type of nation to be very conciliatory in regards to one religion these days above all others...

Posted (edited)

...but we always make time for smokers to take a smoke break...

That has changed drastically in the past 20 years everywhere I have worked.  Including the banning of smoking on company property.

Edited by MikeMunn

Does it matter?

Is your position that Christians are BS free?

Would Christians try to pass a law to prevent the business from being OPEN on their day of worship?

just saying... the "War on Christianity" is all about the secular crowd trying to say "no" to Christians who are asking for consideration for their religious beliefs.

Duh! That pagan tree decorating during the Holidays.

Personally I've never seen Christians ask for any special treatment in the workplace. Have you?

Does it matter?

Is your position that Christians are BS free?

Would Christians try to pass a law to prevent the business from being OPEN on their day of worship?

just saying... the "War on Christianity" is all about the secular crowd trying to say "no" to Christians who are asking for consideration for their religious beliefs.