Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Little

Right to Work State Number 26

Rate this topic

68 posts in this topic

West Virginia will sometime this spring become the 26th state to embrace the right to choose when it comes to employment.

Unions are losing ground very fast, yet they refuse to modernize or update their "product."

Liberals, why the resistance to change to meet the future wrt unionism?

Edited by Little

I'm a union member and not a liberal. Where do those 26 states rank in terms of economy and relying on government welfare to run their state?  In those 26 states where do they rank  for every dollar they give to uncle sam how much do they need back?  

I'm a union member and not a liberal. Where do those 26 states rank in terms of economy and relying on government welfare to run their state?  In those 26 states where do they rank  for every dollar they give to uncle sam how much do they need back?  

You are losing market share.

Quickly.

Nobody wants the product anymore.

Just like McDonalds.

A chart wont fix it.

What should they do to gain customers?

The global economy is engulfing the american working class like the BLOB (a large gelatinous mass that gets larger as it dissolves people , for any youngsters out there). The sweat shops have moved to countries where people don't mind sweating for a few bucks a day. The only private side unions left are companies that can't move. Progress  

once all 57 states do this,

then states will have to offer the corporations more and more to get smaller and smaller crumbs,

it's a race to the bottom.

What should they (the unions) do to gain customers?

post-47623-0-41378200-1453215137_thumb.jpg

My understanding is that these laws make it a crime to solicit union membership. The problem I have is that were I live, I just get the feeling the governor is bought and sold. Trump even said that he hired Walker a few times to do his bidding, and that is what these politicians are good for. In fact, I have more respect for the hooker turning tricks in an alley than just about any politician out there.

What is the grand scheme of these laws? Is it to render the public powerless against big money political donors who benefit from a labor force with the rights, education, and wealth of Chinese factory workers?

The only thing I see in Wisconsin are jobs leaving the state and companies closing down. We are also giving our tax dollars to failing corporations. If Harley Davidson can't pay its bills, it should shut its doors, not become a welfare recipient. If the Bucks can't afford a stadium, then they should move, 425 million of tax dollars should not be spent on a basketball stadium for a team that can't even hit a 500 record.

Looking at the corporate welfare that is dolled out by the state to the tune of hundreds of millions, I guess I see the adoption of right to work laws as hypocrisy. The real leeches are the Bucks and failing corporations that guzzle down tax dollars, just because they give money to Walker's campaign, and probably the governor for state 26 got his share too.

attachicon.gifDoc3.jpg

My understanding is that these laws make it a crime to solicit union membership. The problem I have is that were I live, I just get the feeling the governor is bought and sold. Trump even said that he hired Walker a few times to do his bidding, and that is what these politicians are good for. In fact, I have more respect for the hooker turning tricks in an alley than just about any politician out there.

What is the grand scheme of these laws? Is it to render the public powerless against big money political donors who benefit from a labor force with the rights, education, and wealth of Chinese factory workers?

The only thing I see in Wisconsin are jobs leaving the state and companies closing down. We are also giving our tax dollars to failing corporations. If Harley Davidson can't pay its bills, it should shut its doors, not become a welfare recipient. If the Bucks can't afford a stadium, then they should move, 425 million of tax dollars should not be spent on a basketball stadium for a team that can't even hit a 500 record.

Looking at the corporate welfare that is dolled out by the state to the tune of hundreds of millions, I guess I see the adoption of right to work laws as hypocrisy. The real leeches are the Bucks and failing corporations that guzzle down tax dollars, just because they give money to Walker's campaign, and probably the governor for state 26 got his share too.

What do you think the unions should do to make their service more appealing, so that employees will CHOOSE to buy it?

What should they (the unions) do to gain customers?

After 3 tries, I'm guessing that's a rhetorical question and you have an answer you want someone else to give?   (became 4 in the time I was typing this)

I don't know much about the topic, but being married, with an 11-year old, and working in management in customer service, I'm pretty keen to such games - so why don't you tell us?

In my limited understanding, it is not something the unions themselves can probably do much to stop, but more an issue of our systems of trade internationally.

Edited by billthe5th

when the crumbs get small enough,

and workers get pissed enough,

the pendulum will swing the other way.

Isn't that kind of how it went in the first place with the start of the unions?

Why do you think any state should spend $425 million on a basketball stadium? There is a bigger economic picture. I doubt right to work has anything to do with corporations not making money in the US, the issue is that they want to make more money, and even be given money.

I really do believe that once the unions are gone, people will become slaves, in fact the old word used to described hired held is servants, today we call them employees.

There is no fair market for labor, because businesses will use government, and the threat of police retaliation to fix labor costs.

How much should a high rise worker make? It is a dangerous job, and takes a lot of skill. Of course, without a union, you can take away the required safety features in the name of cost reduction, and if all corporations get together and freeze wages, then your high rise worker can make as much as the guy flipping burgers.

It just matters how close the government can bring people to starvation before they will accept those wages.

I think right to work, and giving money to corporations, which takes money from education and roads and employee benefits, brings the American worker closer to becoming destitute and uneducated enough to work for next to nothing. This is the point of the "right to work (for next to nothing)" laws.