Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jeffapeikin

thoughts on the mojo 10ft 1-4

Rate this topic

42 posts in this topic

Hey ya'll:

Do you think this rod would be a good addition to my quiver or would the 9' mojo 1-4, or 8ft 3/4-3 be just as good. 

I need to be able to throw 3 oz b/t w/trailer comfortably in strong winds and fast currents off NJ beach. 

Thank you,

Jeff

Edited by jeffapeikin

I actually broke one throwing a 3 oz pencil for that matter. I forgot about that. St croix replaced it, but I wasn't happy with the rod at the time. If you want to give one a shot, let me know. I'm just down the turnpike and would put it up in the bst forum for a reasonable price.

Imo it's a great rod, but I agree it's sweet spot is around 2 1/2 oz. If you're throwing 3 oz bucktails and dealing with strong current, you'll definitely need a heavier rod.

I have one and I have always felt that it maxed out around 2.5-2.75 ounces

Okay. Thanks. That's pretty close to what I was looking for. I think I need to think about this one. 

I actually broke one throwing a 3 oz pencil for that matter. I forgot about that. St croix replaced it, but I wasn't happy with the rod at the time. If you want to give one a shot, let me know. I'm just down the turnpike and would put it up in the bst forum for a reasonable price.

Jbaer-thnx for the kind offer. 

Imo it's a great rod, but I agree it's sweet spot is around 2 1/2 oz. If you're throwing 3 oz bucktails and dealing with strong current, you'll definitely need a heavier rod.

Thanks! I will keep looking.

The 10' 1-4 was a little too fast for me.I prefer a med.-fast action.Other than that I like it,lightweight and can cast a country mile.....as already said, 3 oz would be pushing the limits of this rod.