Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jjdbike

Tred Traction Boards?

24 posts in this topic

Hi folks

Has anyone here seen, carried or used “Tred Traction Boards”? They are an off road 4x4 product made in Austraila. 

They look like they’d be worth the $ and space to carry these if you plan on driveing in the sand, snow or mud.

Opinions, experiences?

JD

Haven't used them but some plywood or cheap boards seem to work fine on sand. I have carried some asphalt roof shingles in my vehicles for snow/ice.

I've used the mats before in snow...I like these---a lot. Put them on my wish list just below the Hi-Lift and above the PIAA lights.  There are some good videos showing them and the Maxtread in use.  I've heard that the Treds aren't as strong but on sand I don't think its that big of deal.  Plus its a unconditional warranty I believe.

Yes, floor mats, although i don't think I'd want to do that to my Weather-Techs unless it was the only option. Yes I've used boards, shingles, rugs etc.

These treds look very efficient, able to securely grip a number of surfaces pretty well. Pretty light & compact as well.

They are on my list as well.

JD

Bought a different brand, not the same as Tred Traction Boards.  Let someone else who was stuck use them.  They were ruined in five minutes.  The plastic was chewed up and the connecting bracket broke.  I had the folding ones.  Good luck if you decide to get them. 

Edited by Gaff It

Just let more air out of your tires. 

If you need traction boards, you are doing it wrong.... 

Just let more air out of your tires. 

If you need traction boards, you are doing it wrong.... 

As a guy that has had to use everything from a cape to a come a long to get out of stuff he has gotten himself into, you are correct.

By the time you realize you can't drive out of it, it is too late.

2x12 with the rubber stick on mat works well. Just need a few screws to hold it down to the wood

What rubber stick on mat? I would like to try that. I am currently using half inch plywood. 

Seriously, err on the side of caution, take more air out than you think is necessary and you will see 4x4 isn't needed on the beach for 95% of your driving. 

Except for pulling my boat up from the low tide line, I rarely ever used the 4x4.

2WD did the job most of the time.