Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BrianBM

Pine Island, Fla.

11 posts in this topic

Next door to Sanibel.  I'll be there visiting friends, previously retired, Feb 8-14.  Anyone else around, shoot me a PM.  Not really a dedicated fishing vacation but I will be doing some.

Brian I only went to Pine Island once, the one thing I have heard from a number of people is there is only one small beach area on the island and the rest of the shore line does not offer any wading, It is really a great place for a boat. I wish I could I heard differently. I think a charter might be your best option.

Capt. Daniel Andrews did us good when we visited Sanibel a year or two ago, I'll be in touch with him.  Host has a boat. I treat alligators with care, I won't mind not wading enough to matter.  Ding Darling is at its' best for birding in winter.

Hook I, I'll do that. 

Cat will board at the vet. Outdoor cats will be kibbled by neighbor. If I'd won that lottery, I'd have a gun turret mounted on the roof above my front door, but alas I did not.

Check out Norm Zieglars fly shop - nice little shop - definately get some Intel there and hook up a guide if that's your thing...pray you miss a cold front - like they are having right now.

Gotta take one's chances on the weather.  I've been to Norm's and it's a nice place to be.  Gotta go when life allows .... wife will be happy to search for shells. Pity the beach doesn't offer Sanibel-ish opportunities for beachwalking, but the islands are adjacent and I should be able to sneak around as needed.

Not to many beaches in Pine Island. Not any in Cape Corral .The is a little man made one next to the Tarpon Yacht club in Cape Corral and there is a outdoor restaurant . good for Hamburgers and dogs and est. Everyone I know goes to the beaches in Fort Myers, Sanibel or Captiva.

Ah well. Sanibel is right at hand, Captiva almost as close.  The bride will be happy to chase seashells on Sanibel again. 

Ding Darling in winter is a nice place to spend time too.

Just came back from Bonita Springs, Marco Island, Naples, Sanibel, Captiva, and Pine Islands.  Ding Darling is nice.  It was not crowed at all. Time of year?   Saw a lot of kayaks being launched. Naples fishing pier is nice.   Sanibel and Captiva Island beach access and limited parking is tough and the parking $4 hour. Back at home here some folks talk about Pine Island and James City.  I only saw one small beach area. Seems to be more boat.  Your host has a boat so access to islands should be good.  Enjoy your trip.  

I did the whole Island a couple of times and Like you said nothing? I don't think I will be back. The only thing they have Is Palm tree nurseries for miles? Most of the action is when you just go over the bridge. rent yaks and a couple of Pubs. Burts is nice. ??? My friends live in Cape Coral. No real beaches there either. If you go to the beach, try Sanibel, Captiva or Fort Myers. Best bet and closest.