Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
brookhaven

Size 14 Boot Foot Breathable Waders

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

Seems like most companies that make boot foot waders stop at size 13. I have a size 15 foot and have been jamming my feet into a pair of size 13 Pro Line Twin River Chest Waders with two ply rubber construction. I find them to be heavy with not enough leg flexibility to be able to bend my knee enough to drive a sand spike into the sand. And walking is uncomfortable due to the weight of the waders and small boot size. I have spent hours on the internet searching for size 15 or 14 boot foot light weight waders. I do not want rubber or neoprene. Bass Pro does carry "RedHead PVC Chest Waders": "Made of a lightweight and flexible 70 denier nylon with a .35 mm PVC shell, these waders feature heat welded sealed seams for 100% waterproof protection. Under your feet, removable 6 mm EVA insoles provide additional cushioning on every step, while the lightweight PVC outsoles provide sure footing and stability in slippery conditions." 

But THERE ARE NO REVIEWS on this product, so I cannot help wondering how it will hold up. Does anyone out there have experience wearing PVC waders? Any input would be appreciated.

I fish primarily on the sandy beaches of the South Shore of Long Island.

I have never tried stocking foot waders, but I have a concern about sand intrusion. I know that is controversial with some folks who use stocking foot waders saying that sand will not get in and others saying it will.

I'd prefer to stick with boot foot waders for now.

Same problem.  I wish I could find size 16 boot feet, but since I can't everything else is a squeeze.

When my wife's car is out of the garage tomorrow I will check and see what size my waders are, I think 14, and the brand ... I think Orvis, but I'm not sure.

BrianBM, Thanks!

Mark76, thank you also for your response.

I see that BigCamo does have Itasca Dewey Big Boy 3.5mm neoprene camo boot foot waders in size 15-16.

They seem to be for very big folks... the "tall" size is for someone 6'8" or taller. (I'm 6'3" and thin).

And even the regular size seems to be designed for large folks.

I'm looking for boot foot waders that are lighter weight than neoprene.

On another website, I see that Itasca does make a PVC wader, but some of the reviews for them are not good.

BrianBM, I just checked with Orvis. The only boot foot wader that they have in size 14 is the Encounter Bootfoot Wader - Felt.

However it only comes in size XXL. Would have to order it and try it on to see if it would be too big.

I have a pair of breathable ProLine boot foot waders in size 14, which fit with a regular pair of socks.It was tough to find.

For colder weather I have a pair of LaCrosse (5mm) neoprene boot foot wadrers in size 15 which allows me to wear heavier socks for warmth.

It's tough to find boot foot waders, without felt souls, in our shoe size. There are neoprene boot foot waders available butbthey are typically in camo for hunting.

If you have $700 , Simms use to custom make a pair of great breathable waders with Muk boots attached. The Muk boots weighed about four pounds, and the Muk boot Simm breathable waders weighed four pounds five ounces. Simms use to stock this model with the Muk boots, but no one really purchased them.

Good luck as I go through this every 2-3 years.

If you don't mind wearing camo, cabelas sells dry plus breathable waders in bootfoot upto size 15.  I wear 15, and they are perfect, I even have room in the cold to wear two pairs of socks.. they are good waders for sure, Ive had mine for over 5 years with no leaks, but I dont like Camo, so I dont wear em anymore.. I wear stocking foot XXL waders and wader boots now..

BC 

I wear Size 15 EEE- Been wearing the Cabbalas camo for years. They are found under hunting waders not fishing. Very baggy but beggars can't be choosers. These are breathable not neoprene. If you wear 15 you will be able to wear thick socks as well.

Marc

marc and big country, Thanks for the Cabela's wader info.

I see that the

Cabela's Men's Breathable Hunting Waders with 4MOST DRY-PLUS – Tall

come in size 14 AND 15.

I did not want camo, but if I can get them in a size 15... and in a breathable boot foot wader, I may try a pair.

Just a heads up... I've been searching for a pair of Size 14 boot foot breathable waders. There is not a lot to choose from.

I have decided to try a pair of RedHead PVC Chest Waders and ordered them earlier today from Bass Pro Shops.

Bass Pro Shops has a Spring Fishing Online Sale in effect until Match 7. So, these were reduced to $52.49 with Free Shipping.

I know the saying "You get what you pay for", so for $52.49 I'm hoping these will hold up for a season of fishing.

There are no Reviews on these waders, so I'm taking a chance.

They are a replacement for a pair of rubber ProLine waders that I have been wearing which weigh a ton and have so little room that I cannot bend my knee enough to kick in a sand spike! Plus the ProLine waders are size 13, and my shoe size is actually 15. The size 14 RedHead boots have to be a little more comfortable! I'm not endorsing the product, since I have not worn them yet; I'll provide some feedback on them after I fish with them in early May.