Don't speed in New Hampshire, you could be arrested.

Rate this topic

The Riddler

This is an actually news headline....the person was arrested for 102 in a 70. Sure, give the ticket...but arrested?

NEW HAMPTON - State police say they clocked a Pennsylvania woman driving 102 mph on Interstate 93 near the Ashland town line on Sunday morning.

Kaila M. Yallum, 20, of Glenshaw, Penn. was charged with reckless operation. State police say they pulled her over after using aircraft to measure her speed, with one reading coming in at 100 mph and a second reading of 102 mph. The speed limit in the area is 70 mph.

Yallum was driving with two other people in the car. She was arrested and is scheduled to appear in court on Feb. 25.

Good for the NHSP.  Triple digit speeding should be an arrest-able offense everywhere.

And the penalties should be tripled if the offender is a female, as most of them (the ones we allow to drive, anyway) should have governors on their vehicles to begin with.  :dismay:

In my Grand National in 91 I got 450 dollar ticket in New Hampshire on rt. 95 doing 110 clocked by aircraft. Got the ticket and paid it. No arrest, no national guard, no news headline and I had 2 passengers. You speed, you get bagged, you pay.

Good for the NHSP.  Triple digit speeding should be an arrest-able offense everywhere.

And the penalties should be tripled if the offender is a female, as most of them (the ones we allow to drive, anyway) should have governors on their vehicles to begin with.  :dismay:

Your a tight wad. You ever speed three digits? The headway speed on 93 in mass is 85. plenty of people doing 100.

I can't imagine going 100 mph.   That must be some rush.

The fastest I ever went was 80 and that was because I wasn't paying attention there for a moment.  As soon as I realized, I quickly scaled it back to 70.   :o

Living in New Jersey I highly doubt that. :laugh:

Living in New Jersey I highly doubt that. :laugh:

:)

You'd be surprised.  On Rt. 80 westbound in northwest NJ, definitely a good stretch of the highway where drivers can go 100+ without much traffic to weave through.

I drive to Scranton often.  On Rt. 380 N, plenty of drivers push 80, 90 on that highway.

Edited by GeoffT