Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bonito

Biggest Fish On Noted Setup

Rate this topic

3 posts in this topic

Hi, I was wandering what is the largest fish I could catch on my setup, I'm thinking about what weight- bluefin, yellowfin, amberjacks and similar fish.

My Setup:

Major craft Solpara SPS962MH -   20-60g Shore Jigging Medium Heavy

Okuma Azores Z-55s- 29lb Max Drag (set to 6lb), it fits about 600m of line mentioned below

Daiwa J-Braid 8x 20lb

I'm especially curious about the bluefin and yellowfin tuna.

Edited by Bonito

Hi, I was wandering what is the largest fish I could catch on my setup, I'm thinking about what weight- bluefin, yellowfin, amberjacks and similar fish.

My Setup:

Major craft Solpara SPS962MH -   20-60g Shore Jigging Medium Heavy

Okuma Azores Z-55s- 29lb Max Drag (set to 6lb), it fits about 600m of line mentioned below

Daiwa J-Braid 8x 20lb

I'm especially curious about the bluefin and yellowfin tuna.

Im not sure about the rod, it looks like a 9'6" rod lighter weight.  Probably around 50 lbs max for tuna.  Its not the reel or the line, its the rod in that setup.  It seems like it would be pretty hard to put pressure on the fish with that rod. Longer length and lighter weight.  The fish would most likely be toast when you got it, and would probably die if you are into releasing fish. If kept, the meat would probably be burnt.  of course you can let the fish take a ton of line and fight it for 4 hours, you could probably catch something larger. It just not the way you want to do it.

I think the reel is probably overkill for that rod, or the rod too light for the reel. I don't believe you would get 15 lbs of pressure with that rod, but these newer rods can be surprising with the newer technology.