Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Scrubby

New Law Involving Vets and beach access.

Rate this topic

31 posts in this topic

So I understand that a bill was passed to extend beach access to veterans for free or a reduced cost.. What towns are participating, or will participate, and what do you think, if anything will happen with IBSP?

Is for all vets from before Nam to today. You will need Id showing you are a vet, DD214 . There is one question I have asked the folks that got this done and that is the way some parts are worded. Makes it sound like they can ignore this if they choose.

Is for all vets from before Nam to today. You will need Id showing you are a vet, DD214 . There is one question I have asked the folks that got this done and that is the way some parts are worded. Makes it sound like they can ignore this if they choose.

I think it is optional..Towns do not have to participate if they don't wish, is what I understand..

Seven presidents Park in Long Branch has been doing this for a long time.  Just show your vet ID card.  Some counties will a veteran status ID card for the asking.  You'll need your DD214 to get it.  It's good for other things too.  You can get discounts at big box stores with it.

Should be free for all Vets, Seniors and Disabled. All beaches in NJ. For buggy passes, a reduced cost for Vets and Seniors, like $50 a year for IBSP Buggy Pass, free for Active Military and Disabled. We don't know how to take care of our own very well.

Should be free for all Vets, Seniors and Disabled. All beaches in NJ. For buggy passes, a reduced cost for Vets and Seniors, like $50 a year for IBSP Buggy Pass, free for Active Military and Disabled. We don't know how to take care of our own very well.

It should be free for all of the above and residents!