Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HugeDinghy

thoughts

Rate this topic

110 posts in this topic

so my middle daughter is only in 6th grade but is the starter/ leading scorer on the middle school basketball team.

two days ago my 80 year old FIL got thrown out of my daughters basketball game for yelling at the ref's and coach...he was 100% right, but you don't go there .

in his defense, the refs are horrible (its JR High girls basketball for cripe's sake, not sure what everyone expects) and her coach is the worst coach I have ever seen, at any level, in any sport. He actually  said to one of the parents that he is only doing it for the stipend.... and he has seniority on the woman that wanted to coach (who is an excellent coach) so he got the gig. 

all that said, you don't get thrown out of freaking JR High gym for any reason.

thankfully, my daughter Is mentally tough and this hasn't seemed to bother her, she said it was hilarious.

it is funny, but only if you are an outsider.

my concern is obviously my daughter and pretty much only my daughter. she has taken it absolutely fine, but she is a lot like me and wouldn't let anyone "see her sweat".

so question is, do I bust out the ban hammer on my FIL...come to a verbal agreement that he **** or just wait and see how it plays out (next game is until next week for some reason). my mind is 99% made up at this point but would be open to differing opinions.

the fact that it doesn't seem to bother my kid, calms me a bit as I would ban his ass in a second flat if I thought it bothered her.

there is also history here. my wife banned him from all HS games her sophomore year, he never saw her play again until college.

freaking degos and their fake ass tough guy drama   :dismay:

Glad your daughter took it well !

How about the other kids and parents who were there during his outburst ?

Sounds to me that it is time to pull the plug on his going to games.

Dennis

my wife doesn't even really have a say in how this gets handled.

her feedback is welcome, and i will certainly take it into consideration, but that's as far as it goes.

he needs to take a break, maybe a one game suspension. After that he needs to spend some time in the nose bleed seats.   I hate when parents or grandparents interfere with he game. 

Glad your daughter took it well !

How about the other kids and parents who were there during his outburst ?

Sounds to me that it is time to pull the plug on his going to games.

Dennis

everyone was going nuts...about the game and how bad we were being outcoached.....it was a triple overtime game..bitter rival, etc....

I wasn't there, unfortunately. the game start at 3:30 and I can only make so many....

If your daughter wasn't involved, I would suggest getting him loaded before the game and wind him up before he takes a seat. 

he needs to take a break, maybe a one game suspension. After that he needs to spend some time in the nose bleed seats.   I hate when parents or grandparents interfere with he game. 

its junior high, nose bleed is like the fourth row of the bleachers...lol.

The refs will remember him and that will get in their head when making calls.  The squeaky wheel gets the grease, as they say.   I say let him go but tell him that was his only strike.

If your daughter wasn't involved, I would suggest getting him loaded before the game and wind him up before he takes a seat. 

I told my wife a long time ago..if he gets dementia, im taking him on tour...get him drunk and take him to games all over the state...

The refs will remember him and that will get in their head when making calls.  The squeaky wheel gets the grease, as they say.   I say let him go but tell him that was his only strike.

these refs are literally retarded. they look like they rolled out of the local legion.....in their 70's too fat to get up and down the court etc...they are CYO level ref's...

still though, you don't lose your **** and get kicked out, regardless.

No question, not even close, ban his ass...if it was a one-off I could see some slack given, but with the prior history, no way.

No way should you're daughter be exposed to to that **** (even though you say she's good with it,), nor should all the other kids, on both teams.

Good luck....

Edited by Wigeon