chomper

Standoff in Oregon: predictions

Rate this topic

2,710 posts in this topic

The police would have executed BLM on the spot, its an apples to oranges comparison.

Jeepers, is THIS an example of identity politics at it's worst or best?

Would the Bundy crew have already been removed if they were not in possession of firearms? Or if the authorities did not know they were in possession of firearms, would this already have a different outcome?

When thugs hold up a bank, police are ready to deal with the situation of dangerous and armed felons. When the law is violated, and the perpetrator threatens lethal force by a display of arms, the police are ready, and the police will have more equipment and more men. And if those resources are insufficient, there is always the national guard.

I don't like the fact that this group threatens force and is not dealt with in an appropriate manner. They should be processed, jailed without bond, and charged by the federal DOJ. There is nothing peaceful about this group and its nothing I want in my community.

Instead of parroting the meaningless rants of a flock of Right-winded loonybirds, why doesn't the oregonian talk to a child storybook author?

Great question, Ursula.

Hey now, watch it. The woman was way ahead of her time, prescient in fact.  :D

****://***.**************.org/interviews/6253/the-art-of-fiction-no-221-ursula-k-le-guin

"Left Hand of Darkness (1969). In this novel, her fourth, Le Guin imagined a world whose human inhabitants have no fixed gender: their sexual roles are determined by context and express themselves only once every month. "

This weeks community meeting in Oregun concerning the Bundy standoff, has a gun ban in effect. Last weeks meeting scared school officials because of the presence of guns, so they refused to host the meeting this week. It will be held in a community senior center, and no guns allowed..

Edited by chomper

From CNN:

A law enforcement  pulled over two vehicles. Everyone obeyed orders to surrender except two people: LaVoy Finicum and Bundy's brother, Ryan Bundy.   Shots were fired and Ryan Bundy was injured, but Finicum died, the official added.

When Finicum was asked about preferring to be killed rather that being arrested earlier in the month his was his answer: 

"Absolutely ... I have no intention of spending any of my days in a concrete box"

I am not about to believe the person in the previous  post that he was shot while on his knees with his hands up.  

Edited by NS Mike D

I am not about to believe the person in the previous post that he was shot while on his knees with his hands up.

Me neither. But it's making the rounds in the comments on the Patriot websites.

Edited by TimS
we don't do comments sections here