chomper

Standoff in Oregon: predictions

Rate this topic

2,710 posts in this topic

Whats gonna happen in Oregon? Protests and occupation of federal property. 100 or so men are claimed to be involved to protest the re-jailing of two men on arson charges(intentional controlled burns).The re-convicted were reportedly already sent to jail, again. These protesters claim to have had enough and have drawn a line and are occupying 'for the long haul'.. How will the feds react this time? Will there be peace or violence? Who is right? Who is wrong?

OH NO A MILITIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you leftists out there need to make a decision fast.

when you talk about the 2nd Amendment, you seem to try get gun control by claiming individuals aren't in a militia.

so you need to let us know if you support these "militia men" and their exhibition of their 2nd Amendment rights.

.gov - is going to fold because they know this is the tip of the iceberg.

What would folding involve? You mean no tanks and explosions, I assume. I am not exactly sure what the group is seeking to accomplish. I am assuming they want the prisoners released..

Hammond's do not support what the Bundy-nuts are doing. Hammond's report to jail and are let out in minimum time. Feds ignore the Bundy's until they leave, then charge them with tresspassing.

I also do not understand the legalities of the Hammond's being ordered to jail a second time, by a different judge, after serving their time for the same crime. Seems unjust. And sets a very bad precedent for future cases. Can any judge just decide to send folks back to jail for a crime in which the convicted have already 'done their time' ?

Unless one of the militia shoots first, nothing will happen in terms of violence.

If it was a black militant group, who knows-they'd probably be dead and arrested by now.

The assertion is that the original sentence didn't meet the minimum guidelines under federal law, so a federal judge "correct the error." So, the Hammonds screwed up by setting the fires, the first court screwed up by imposing bogus sentences, then the Feds screwed up by not just letting it alone, then he Bundy's screwed up because they're the Bundy's.

It's a mess.

Now the Hammonds are doing the honorable thing and reporting to jail (and probably appealing.) And the numbnuts Bundy's are fighting a fight the Hammonds don't won't and hopefully won't just get themselves killed,

Edited by Nessmuk

Unless one of the militia shoots first, nothing will happen in terms of violence.

If it was a black militant group, who knows-they'd probably be dead and arrested by now.

Go away.

I now see they have been re-charged, this time as domestic terrorists, and sentenced this time to 5 years in prison for the 'arson'..

..correction; its was eco-terrorists...

Edited by chomper

Waco, Ruby Ridge... etc.

these guys are toast sooner than later

Edited by RiverRaider

I now see they have been re-charged, this time as domestic terrorists, and sentenced this time to 5 years in prison for the 'arson'..

At worst they were trying to create damage, at best they set fires for a legitimate purpose that got out of control, caused damage and risked lives. Either way, dumb idea.

Hammond's do not support what the Bundy-nuts are doing. Hammond's report to jail and are let out in minimum time. Feds ignore the Bundy's until they leave, then charge them with tresspassing.

trespassing on their (our) land. :dismay: