Buying a smoker this weekend.

Rate this topic

Mokes

One more thing: if'n ya get a WSM, get some lead tape and seal the door. You don't wanna use it. It would need a better smoker if it didn't have a door at all.

Terri Mae does not approve this message, but screw him.

10355799_10203891092253001_6293103697751

http://www.brinkmann.net/products/details.aspx?item=810-7080-K

This one is $80.  It's a set it and forget, one temp only electric.  Perfect for getting started.  It's also a grill, roaster and steamer, but I only use it to smoke.  My texan/Mexican "in-laws" :airquote:  insist that I bring a brisket to every holiday.  One who's into smoking is jealous of my bark.  Can't figure out how I get it so crispy.  My Texan buddies all love my brisket.  The guy who taught me how to make a brisket complains that his isn't as good as mine and he went out and bought a fancy smoker.  I came in 3rd out of 50 in a rib cook off (the birthday boy won first so take that as you will...). Beer can chicken.  Wild smoked sockeye salmon. 

Point is that if you do your rub right ( I make my own) and time your meat right, use the type and amount of wood this will do you just perfect.  It's all about ingredients and technique.  The simpler the system the better. 

I'm eating brisket and egg tacos for breakfast right now.  :drool:  

Hot dogs were invented in 1936 by Larry Hotdogs when he accidentally dropped a bag of prize-winning pig buttholes into his Dick Shaper Machine. :read:

One more thing: if'n ya get a WSM, get some lead tape and seal the door. You don't wanna use it. It would need a better smoker if it didn't have a door at all.

I never use my door. I just pull the whole barrel off the smoke box. Never thought to seal it, though. :idea:

You know it must be a penguin bound down if you hear that terrible screaming and there ain't no other birds around. 

There are some nice ones that you can use to monitor the meat temp and the barrel temp while cooking. I don't use one of them. I do have a Thermapen to check the internal temp of the meat but you have to take the lid off to do that.

How do I get to Inisfree?

Well, do you see that road over there?

Yes.

Well, don't take that one, it'll do you no good.

The eagle has landed. Some assembly required. Pffft.

Nice and sideways....love it.

post-27360-0-67058700-1451684149_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mokes

"The toothless, braindead, *********, geriatric mouthbreathers around here love their "safe space". It is the only place in the world where they feel like winners, the gracious thing to do, would be to let them enjoy their delusional reality."

-Numbnuts

My kids got me a WSM 14 for Christmas.

Got a chimney and some BBQ gloves as well.

Never done it before, so hopefully I can lean on some of you guys for advise.

Me and Mokes can learn together. :)

I'm looking forward to firing it up.

"well, outside of moderators wishing death upon us, everything is good."

My kids got me a WSM 14 for Christmas.

Got a chimney and some BBQ gloves as well.

Never done it before, so hopefully I can lean on some of you guys for advise.

Me and Mokes can learn together. :)

I'm looking forward to firing it up.

You will never look back. Plus drinking beer is involved in the process.

If you use eclairs in your example, he will get it right away. MikeMc