Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tommyv

Smoking help

Rate this topic

54 posts in this topic

Here is the pdf file containing the the book.

This book has helped many members here quit.

It has also helped many of my friends and family members quit smoking, some of which had a 40 + year history of smoking.

Good Luck !

http://web-profile.com.ua/wp-content/uploads/allen-carrs-easy-way-to-stop-smoking.pdf

Dennis  :)

whats this whole book thing. I never heard of it.

whats this whole book thing. I never heard of it.

The book was written years ago by Alan Carr.

He took a different approach. Instead Of trying to scare people into quitting for health reasons he took a psychological approach. The scare approach does not work very often. Basically everyone knows it is no good for you. The thing that he tries to do is make you realize why you don't give it **** and do it anyway.

Basically why in the **** do you smoke, you know that **** is no good !

If it helps people to stop smoking. Why **** on it?

You are still addicted to nicotine so what did you really quit? besides, it's a metal schlong. :dismay:

I guess my point really is that if i can quit, any one can, without the aid of a crutch.

Edited by MikeMc

Every time you feel the need just do a one hitter of weed.

that stuff is 10xs worse then cigarettes for your lungs. Not saying i never smoked it but not the route i would try an take while trying to make my body healthier.

Not saying it's the perfect solution, but switching over to vaping worked for me after 20+ years of 1-2 packs/day. It really wasn't that hard because I was able to keep the same habits while feeling a lot better and getting back into exercise. If vaping works for you, you can keep dialing down the nicotine level which helps with the physical addiction. Go to a vape shop and spend $50 on a decent set up. The stuff you get at the gas station is horrible and you won't stay with it. I have no interest in smoking another analog and keep a half-smoked pack laying around just to remind me how much they controlled my life for 20 years. I made the switch 2 years ago on a lark without a big-stress buildup or 'quit date'. Not saying that's the right way, but it helped reduce some of the pressure. I know that e-cigs may pose their own health risks and eventually I'll need to quit them too. I can tell you that once you get past the first month or so you'll feel a hell of a lot better and wish you had ditched analogs a long time ago. Nothing to lose by giving it a shot.

that stuff is 10xs worse then cigarettes for your lungs. Not saying i never smoked it but not the route i would try an take while trying to make my body healthier.

hmmm......never heard that before.....

Your family and own health is all the motivation you need. You have to want it. Think of money saved, that you can use on a new boat. Stick with it, don't wean. I guarantee you will feel better shortly, and you will eventually be happy as hell that you quit. I had a heart attack at 36, quit that day and never looked back. Of all things my initial cardiologist told me afterwards, the thing emphasized most was NO CIGARETTES. Trust me, you can get along without them. I still eat, drink, and have sex and have no desire to smoke after. You can do it !

16 year quitter

As most likely already said, if you want to quit you have to want to quit. Any weakness in one side of your brain will override the other. Willpower. Period. Not childish support groups or wonder drugs. Just put them down. Took three years for me. One morning, that was it. Haven't touched them since. Been 25 yrs and I miss them every day LOL.