Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
1dozenraw

Home made surf / lure bags. Show your favorites.

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

Anyone want to share photos or descriptions of some home made surf bag designs used or seen. I just put one together using tennis ball tubes and a $9.00 army surplus bag... and I like it for larger swimmers and surf plugs.

Nice bag. I am trying to load a photo but I can't make the file small enough. Meanwhile, where did the clear plastic tubes come from?

this is a shimano lure storage bag, comes with 18 tubes

I read somewhere you can get tubes from homedepot

for flourecent lights ....?

I made a 10 row by taping these square tubes i got from (we don't promote or discuss them here) .com check out storage tubes

i put them in my sufcaster bag cause the molded plastic they have is HEAVY after a few hours

I punched holes in the base of the nj ones easy with a phillips head screwdriver its good because they also expand a little allowing you to stuff a few EXTRA lures in !! LOL

I read somewhere you can get tubes from homedepot

for flourecent lights ....?

Depot does sell these and you can cut several out of one 4' tube. Get some clear silicone and that will hold the tubes nicely together.

Good luck - show wome pics when you are done.

Here are three shots of a Finnish military shoulder bag I picked up today for $8.00. It needs to have some tubes, but I'll work on those next.

It is not very fancy, but it is deep enough for big pencil poppers and it does have an inside area where I could put some pliers, leaders, etc. There is a adjustable shoulder strap and a waist strap which is also adjustable.

Thinking about two rows of tubes with some sort of light plastic divider where I could put some bagged sluggos or other soft plastics.

Certainly not as nice as a VS, Canyon , Aquaskinz or Bronco bag - but my wife did not bat an eye when she saw the price tag. May need to put a grommet or two in the bottom for drainage and maybe use some spray on water repellent on the canvas so it won't weigh a ton when wet.

wszCheapSurfBag2.JPG

wszCheapSurfBag3.JPG

wszCheapSurfBag.JPG