Some New Hampshire Schools Closed (threat)

Rate this topic

hookinfinger

Officials in Nashua, New Hampshire, told all public school students Sunday to stay home Monday because of a "specific" threat aimed at two high schools.

"We have received a detailed threat of violence to harm students and staff at both high schools," Superintendent Mark Conradannounced on the school district's website Sunday. "The threat is specific to tomorrow [Monday]. We have been working closely with the Nashua Police Department, which is still working at this time to determine the credibility of the threat."

Because "the threat is specific and extends to several schools," Conrad added, "we will be cautious and close all of our public schools in Nashua tomorrow."

He said he expected them to reopen Tuesday.

In a statement Sunday, Governor Maggie Hassan said that officials "are closely monitoring the situation in Nashua" and that "State Police and state emergency management officials are working closely with the Nashua Police Department, local public safety officials and the FBI."

The threats come less than a week after Los Angeles officials responded to threatening emails by shutting down their entire public school system — more than 1,500 facilities — for the first time ever.

New York City, which also received similar threatening emails, shrugged them off as bogus, a determination the FBI later agreed with. 

My guess this will be the new fad for freaks. Calling in threats.

I hope the first ass they catch doing this is a resident of Texas where he/she may get ten years in jail versus California where the sentence is liable to be 5 minutes of community service.

Dennis

Quote TimS "...we have 30 moderators and 7 administrators, we aren't taking on any vigilantes at this time".

Saddest part of this is that school officials are more concerned about their image/liability fat assed pensions for doing nothing than the actual safety of students.

FIFY

“My happiness is not the means to any end. It is the end. It is its own goal. It is its own purpose.”

Ayn Rand

Saddest part of this is that school officials are more concerned about their image/liability for doing nothing than the actual safety of students.

there are tons of parents who would trample each other trying to be the first one to file a frivolous lawsuit, if a school didn't over react or left one little thing out there for them.

there are tons of parents who would trample each other trying to be the first one to file a frivolous lawsuit, if a school didn't over react or left one little thing out there for them.

So true.....and it all runs together.  Parents, like everyone else these days, are offended/outraged by any perceived or real injustice.

Diversity makes us stronger!

I don't think bomb threats are new. I think the reaction has escalated. Sucks.

When I was in Catholic grammar school we had bomb threats once a month. 

Hot dogs were invented in 1936 by Larry Hotdogs when he accidentally dropped a bag of prize-winning pig buttholes into his Dick Shaper Machine. :read:

And commies who were willing to use it.

Stop it. You had desks to hide under. You were never in danger.

"The toothless, braindead, *********, geriatric mouthbreathers around here love their "safe space". It is the only place in the world where they feel like winners, the gracious thing to do, would be to let them enjoy their delusional reality."

-Numbnuts