Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ShakyMan

Jupiter/Palm Beach/West Palm area

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

hey everyone, headed down to that area from December 30-January 8. Last few times I've been down there at that time I've fished off of a dock in West Palm just north of the Flagler Bridge at night for snook. Looking to really hit the salt hard this trip (don't have a boat) so any advice would be greatly appreciated about what is running at that time, tactics that might be useful, general locations that produce, any advice at all that you want to share would be helpful to me.

My plan was to hit that dock during the day this time and launch some big baits as close to the channel as I can, any advice on what baits to use/for what/what tides?

Thanks everybody, looking forward to getting down there.

:shaky:

I only fish there in the summer...however, I found that the Juno Bait shop offers reliable reports, similar to what I experience when I'm there...and it appears the fishing's pretty good for a lot of things right now...but the snook are back in the channels (they're out on the beach when I'm down in the summer)...pompano, bluefish and spanish macs are out along the open beach - and evidently the sharks are out there too. Also read some notes about some reds and speckled trout back in protected water/sounds...Juno Beach Pier also will give you an honest report, good or bad

Edited by albacized

I second juno bait. They have the weekend reports on their website too. I went out to the jupiter jetty sunday mourning and caught a few blues and down the other end in dubois was some snappers and bluerunners.