P-Boat striper recomendation & wind direction Q please?

Rate this topic

jjdbike

Hi folks

Looking to hop on a party boat to try to jig up a a couple stripers & or blues sometime in the next couple days. According to the reports the’ve been catching pretty good latley. The wind forecast is turning south and that combined w/ coming off the big fullmoon tides has me concerned it may either shut off the bite or chase them into offshore deeper water as they speed south. Should I be concerned about south wind or is wind direction fairly irrelevant this time of year (what seems to be towards the end of magration as evdanced by small fish)? What do you folks think?

Also trying to decide between Capt Ron’s Fishrman, Gambler & Miss Bellmar. Also open to any other suggestions. I know Capt Ron is a long time vet in chasing / jigging stripers & blues up & down the coast. I also know he isn’t afraid to put in a little extra time and burn fuel to catch.

Don’t know anything about Miss Bellmar at all. Is it a good operation? I think the Gambler is a tad big for chasing / jigging stripers on & the Miss Belmar is 120”, that seems huge!?! The bunker / striper schools seem to be smaller pods latley & can’t imgaing fishing them on a boat that size.  The only reason I’m considering the Belmar & or Gambler is the fish seem to be further south than Atlantic highlands.

Input, experience and opinions are appreciated!

PM’s welcomed!!!!

Thanks much!

JD