Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Salty Veins

WTS Tsunami Airwave Elite 8'8" 1/2-2oz

24 posts in this topic

Selling a used Tsunami Airwave Elite TSAWESS-882M surf rod. 8'8", 1/2-2oz, 2 piece (70-30 split). K guides.  Pretty moderate action I'd say, maybe moderate fast.  Weight rating is pretty accurate but the rod can handle a 2 3/8oz SS if needed.  Great light rod for the price.  Used lightly, in great shape.  Couple little flaws to point out - the flexcoat above the reel seat is cracked.  I think that might be a common occurrence on these rods - just cosmetic, no effect on the rod.  I also found a little damage on one of the guide inserts.  Don't know how it happened but it's only on the edge of the insert, not the part that touches the line, so it shouldn't affect the line.

Paid $175 new, asking $120.  Rod is located in SE CT, but I will be heading to the north shore of MA next week so I could potentially drop it off in RI or MA on the way.  Will ship if I have to at buyer's expense.

post-52078-0-50713000-1448031041_thumb.jpg

post-52078-0-34174000-1448031054_thumb.jpg

post-52078-0-20846600-1448031061_thumb.jpg

post-52078-0-85772200-1448031069_thumb.jpg

Any trade options? thx

Well I was hoping for cash to put towards previous purchases but I could possibly be swayed with a trade.  Would have to think about what I'd want, unless you already had something in mind.

Any trade options? thx

Some things I might be interested in... older Shimano Spheros 4000FA/FB, blue/silver SS darter, RM Smith waverers, AH plugs (troller, pikie, needle, danny), 2oz tattoo darters...

SV I'd like to take a look at the rod..how firm are you on the price..looks like it's going to need a new guide.. Do u know if they are Fuji k guides?

SV I'd like to take a look at the rod..how firm are you on the price..looks like it's going to need a new guide.. Do u know if they are Fuji k guides?

Might go a little lower, but too much lower in price and I'd probably just want to hold on to it. The specs say they are Fuji K guides.  Don't know how long that chip has been there but I have never had any issue with it.

Is it the first stripper guide ? Probably a 30mm? I build and repair rods so shouldn't be a big problem fixing it..it should be fixed it will eventually fray your line..

Is it the first stripper guide ? Probably a 30mm? I build and repair rods so shouldn't be a big problem fixing it..it should be fixed it will eventually fray your line..

First guide after the stripper I believe it was (not with the rod right now).  Maybe a 25.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0