Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dennysnook

Is Fuji going to discontinue Titanium Alconite?

Rate this topic

57 posts in this topic

While in Japan last year I learned that FUJI holds over 1000 patents on various component modifications and designs. Oddly they have chosen over the years to not protect them too vigilantly. That all changed with the K-Series. 

I didn't even know Kigan sold guides to builders? I thought he OEM'd only? I know Alex, he doesnt' aggresively market Kigan to builders, and I wasn't even thinking about them as a major manufacturer of components. I was talking about Batson, Amtak, Pac Bay, and ALPS. 

Was a question...

Dunno about the ethics involved.

Company A uses Fuji K on top end rod.

Same company uses Kigan, on series one step down. How would you feel as the developer of a tangle free guide if your OEM used copies of your products...

Company A uses Fuji K on top end rod. Same company uses Kigan, on series one step down. How would you feel as the developer of a tangle free guide if your OEM used copies of your products...

What a GREAT question, ZA!

Kind of how I teach other builders local to me how to do what I do with the artwork, then they go out and undercut me on price.....and go as far as badmouthing me to everyone that they come in contact with. Similar situation right? How I deal with it is to not deal with that person, and I keep doing what I do teaching everyone else. 

We have a size 7 KG in TORZITE® . Brand new "Arowana" Top Fuji calls it. And we are ordering the same top in size 8, the largest Fuji offers. Unless your working a swivel through guides, knots should be fine through size 7 runners and tops.

This does nothing for anyone here if the tube size is not adequate for the build, but saw that Mudhole has the new top in a max size of 8 tube for the 8 ring. Still baffles me why fuji chooses to introduce stuff sometimes without it being complete. Can't see how a tkwtg 40 is a big seller, so will prob get discontinued before you have options to make a set out of. Would be nice if fuji offered the mn top in the full range that it does SIC in Japan. My last few tops were only available from Japan. Bout to give stainless another try, but as much as I have been fishing lately, it would pretty much be like leaving them outside all the time. My latest ti top showed corrosion by the second month with daily washings, so am afraid to go back to steel with my previous issues.

Kind of how I teach other builders local to me how to do what I do with the artwork, then they go out and undercut me on price.....and go as far as badmouthing me to everyone that they come in contact with. Similar situation right? How I deal with it is to not deal with that person, and I keep doing what I do teaching everyone else. 

Good Man Billy :th:  :th:  :th:

Mike

Denny

I know it is no consolation but us Surf Rod Builders over hear take a dig at Hopkins and Holloway about tip tops to. I kinda have got used to Fuji now. I just utalise un matched sets of guides plus un matching tip tops.

Smile or grimace same outcome..  :)

Mikey

Edited by Mike Oliver

We have a size 7 KG in TORZITE® . Brand new "Arowana" Top Fuji calls it. And we are ordering the same top in size 8, the largest Fuji offers. Unless your working a swivel through guides, knots should be fine through size 7 runners and tops.

Picked this 8/8 tip up today when I went to mudhole with Hellray, said they just got stock in yesterday. Flanged ring looks pretty nice