Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
animal60

Time is Nigh...

Rate this topic

33 posts in this topic

Sitting here waiting for the clock to run out, pretty BORING as I'm the last one left on 2nd shift.......Thursday is last day, show up, sign some papers, turn in last of the company stuff, and I'm gone.

32 years, 9 months and what ever days......Learned a lot, had some fun and made some good friends, everyone's gone except a handful of us. Place is gutted and either shipped to Colorado or scrapped.....Looking for a new job, had some interviews and waiting to see.....What a pain in the azzzzzzzz....c'mon lottery  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Nah, step son gets married next Friday, grandchild due in January, wife's business is local real-estate......If we go anywhere it will be south in a few years. I like west palm beach or space coast area in Fla. and have family all over down there. We'll see when the time comes, my brother will be retiring again, this time for good in 2017 and we would like to be close enough to see each other when that happens......  

I work in the Aerospace industry, we simulate rocket launches and space environment for hardware, box and payload testing. We also perform all of our electro-machanical maintenance and calibrations. It was a cool job, varied day to day, I learned how to braze to fabricate vacuum vessel targets, perform mass spectrometer leak testing, plc controls, HVAC, vibration testing, acoustic(rocket launch noise)testing, and thermal vacuum (space simulation) testing. There's more but that covers most of it. Trying to find something that uses part of those skills.

Recieved an email today from Princeton Plasma Physics Lab for a job working for the Department of Energy, also waiting to hear back fro company that's turning this place into Pharmaceutical manufacturing plant where I would work with their Facility people retrofitting this place.....we'll see......C'mon lottery :laugh:

I hear that. Also there is a lot to be said to have somewhere to go in the morning. I could have done disability a few years ago. I tried it for a bit. No thanks.