ONE MORE TIME

Rate this topic

pakalolo

I realize that this topic has been beaten to death, but maybe there are some new "anglers" on the beach that don't know about lights. There is no need to fire up your million candlepower headlamp in order to cast!! No need to keep your headlamp on the entire ******* time you are fishing! Turn away from the water when you change lures or pull grass off of your lure! DO NOT blaze someone else who is fishing to see what they are doing! Do not walk up to someone with your ******* headlamp on , EVER!!!!  Do not pull on to the beach and turn on your high beams. Do not drive up to anyone fishing with your headlights on! Do not point your vehicle at the ocean or ANYONE fishing with your lights on EVER!! Just use common sense and some courtesy. Thank you!

IN FAVOR OF COMMERCIAL FISHING AND SURFING THE NORTH SIDE

MAY THE RICH GET RICHER!!

FISH ARE FOOD!!

UA MAU KA EA O KA AINA IKA PONO O HAWAII

I realize that this topic has been beaten to death, but maybe there are some new "anglers" on the beach that don't know about lights. There is no need to fire up your million candlepower headlamp in order to cast!! No need to keep your headlamp on the entire ******* time you are fishing! Turn away from the water when you change lures or pull grass off of your lure! DO NOT blaze someone else who is fishing to see what they are doing! Do not walk up to someone with your ******* headlamp on , EVER!!!! Do not pull on to the beach and turn on your high beams. Do not drive up to anyone fishing with your headlights on! Do not point your vehicle at the ocean or ANYONE fishing with your lights on EVER!! Just use common sense and some courtesy. Thank you!

Sounds like we were in the same spot last night. Gotta love all the jeeps with off road lights. I thought the sun came out last night where I was a few times.

The new Participation Trophy Generation has taken over.  They have never been told NO in their entire lives.  They have been coddled, and told their sheet don't stink.  This new generation of "fisherman", is a sickening bunch.  Things have always been kinda sketchy in the fall with crowds etc..., but now it's just beyond a crapfest.  

Come fish next to me for an eye opening experience!  Bunch of talentless, report chsing, hacks with lights.  

So many guys are taking a hardcore and rewarding and hobby, and making it a socializing party.  They don't know how to fish, so they follow reports, light you up while ur tight, and tell all their fools to 'meet them at the spot'.

One of these candlewatt crooners thought he'd bow up to me in the middle of the night last night.  I saw them coming, and said don't light up that water, I am clearly fishing it, and stop shining your light in my eyes. "What do you own the beach, my life means more to me than any fish" blah blah blah, 

If your life meant so much to you, why didn't you just keep your mouth shut, light off, and go get a fishing lesson.  

30 minutes later I found this deekhed and his buddies just lounging on the jetty talking about what great fishermen they are, THEY ARE THE PARTICIPATION TROPHY GENERATION!

Wait for the bite to start then jump in LIGHTS BLAZIN'!

Since they never had to compete for anything they got, they treat fishing the same way, OPEN MOUTHED BABIES WAITING TO BE FED

OPEN MOUTHED BABIES WITH CANDLEWATT POWER!

Have fun good guys, and watch out for the PTG's.

Another kind thought might be if you see ten anglers having success in a relatively small area where the fish seem to be capitalizing on a cut or a hole watch what the other guys are throwing.

If they are using swimming plugs  think twice before you  screw everyone up by setting up a bait station or by throwing tins or even buck tails.

Yes it's your  legal right to do whatever you feel like doing on the beach ---  but deep down you probably know that curtesy wise  it makes sense to fish in a way that allows everyone else to 

fish without tangling.    

I realize that this topic has been beaten to death, but maybe there are some new "anglers" on the beach that don't know about lights. There is no need to fire up your million candlepower headlamp in order to cast!! No need to keep your headlamp on the entire ******* time you are fishing! Turn away from the water when you change lures or pull grass off of your lure! DO NOT blaze someone else who is fishing to see what they are doing! Do not walk up to someone with your ******* headlamp on , EVER!!!!  Do not pull on to the beach and turn on your high beams. Do not drive up to anyone fishing with your headlights on! Do not point your vehicle at the ocean or ANYONE fishing with your lights on EVER!! Just use common sense and some courtesy. Thank you!

It's beyond frustrating. Real good bite last night screwed up by a bunch of idiots. Lights, not knowing what to throw, and not knowing when to cast. Between being blinded by lights and tangled up by morons had to pick up and leave. Actually saw a guy use a net to land a bass from the jetty...that's what I get for fishing a Saturday. Good move leaving, found a nice quiet spot all to myself with some quality fish.

Hey Pak, I was taking a break about 1 last night by the W jetty. There was a guy on the E jetty with a head lamp on that could melt lead. When he turned I could see another angler with smoke coming out his ears, wondering if that was you? Enjoy the rest of the holiday weekend. 

Not me Marty, no way in hell I am going anywhere near that cluster on a holiday weekend! Open beach a ways to the East, creature hours yielded a knucklehead lighting up everything . I have no patience for that left! Catchem up

IN FAVOR OF COMMERCIAL FISHING AND SURFING THE NORTH SIDE

MAY THE RICH GET RICHER!!

FISH ARE FOOD!!

UA MAU KA EA O KA AINA IKA PONO O HAWAII

hit the beach about 3. only one other guy fishing. just catching shorts. then they came. 2 trucks with lights on top, lets see what the water looks like!  then a couple more with 4-5 guys each. fishing with there lights on. hey if your afraid of the dark, stay home. needless to say only caught one more fish. and that must off been an invitation for people to join me. put a bucktail on, reeled in 3 guys line (lol) unhooked mine and dropped their tangled mess on them. that was it for me. watched the sunrise from my truck.

Not me Marty, no way in hell I am going anywhere near that cluster on a holiday weekend! Open beach a ways to the East, creature hours yielded a knucklehead lighting up everything . I have no patience for that left! Catchem up

Here we go again.

Edited by Shag

"Ban Pre-shredded Cheese, Make America Grate Again"

The new Participation Trophy Generation has taken over. They have never been told NO in their entire lives. They have been coddled, and told their sheet don't stink. This new generation of "fisherman", is a sickening bunch. Things have always been kinda sketchy in the fall with crowds etc..., but now it's just beyond a crapfest.

Come fish next to me for an eye opening experience! Bunch of talentless, report chsing, hacks with lights.

So many guys are taking a hardcore and rewarding and hobby, and making it a socializing party. They don't know how to fish, so they follow reports, light you up while ur tight, and tell all their fools to 'meet them at the spot'.

One of these candlewatt crooners thought he'd bow up to me in the middle of the night last night. I saw them coming, and said don't light up that water, I am clearly fishing it, and stop shining your light in my eyes. "What do you own the beach, my life means more to me than any fish" blah blah blah,

If your life meant so much to you, why didn't you just keep your mouth shut, light off, and go get a fishing lesson.

30 minutes later I found this deekhed and his buddies just lounging on the jetty talking about what great fishermen they are, THEY ARE THE PARTICIPATION TROPHY GENERATION!

Wait for the bite to start then jump in LIGHTS BLAZIN'!

Since they never had to compete for anything they got, they treat fishing the same way, OPEN MOUTHED BABIES WAITING TO BE FED

OPEN MOUTHED BABIES WITH CANDLEWATT POWER!

Have fun good guys, and watch out for the PTG's.

PTG's LOL be careful you don't want to hurt their self-esteem? Just wait till their off-spring come of age, that should be real interesting. You should hear some of their parenting philosophies. Edited by Shag

"Ban Pre-shredded Cheese, Make America Grate Again"