Simply Addicted

Tsunami lifetime warranty?

Rate this topic

42 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

So I was in one of the more quality tackle shops on the shore near me today shopping for rods, I wanted to feel them.

Felt the triumph, tica, prevail battalion etc.

Was looking for a budget sub $100 rod (spent way too much over in BST this month). Never considered tsunami airwave elite until employee told me about their policy.

Any testimonials from fellow SOLers? This would sway me strongly to tsunami.

Edited by TimS
I removed some incorrect information about Tsunami’s warranty.

I snapped my a 8 foot airwave while releasing a large. Toothy blue brought it to the b&t was back on the fish 30 min later with a new one off the rack

I'll tell you this... I bought a Tsunami Airwave... the old style... from Saltwater Edge. The rod tip broke. Saltwater Edge would do nothing since it was beyond one year old and told me to contact Bimini Bay... the distributor. Repeated calls and emails to Bimini Bay went unanswered. I vowed to never purchase another airwave product.

Recently I decided to contact Bimini Bay to see if I could PURCHASE a new top section for the Airwave. No response. From my experience they are unresponsive and I have no faith in them.

I snapped my a 8 foot airwave while releasing a large. Toothy blue brought it to the b&t was back on the fish 30 min later with a new one off the rack

I had the same thing with 8 foot, snapped from the first time I used it.

I'll tell you this... I bought a Tsunami Airwave... the old style... from Saltwater Edge. The rod tip broke. Saltwater Edge would do nothing since it was beyond one year old and told me to contact Bimini Bay... the distributor. Repeated calls and emails to Bimini Bay went unanswered. I vowed to never purchase another airwave product.

Recently I decided to contact Bimini Bay to see if I could PURCHASE a new top section for the Airwave. No response. From my experience they are unresponsive and I have no faith in them.

x2 I hope the warrenty on the newer elite product is better than my dealing with the old airwaves, I can not spend my money on their products anymore

I had my eye on one of these rods. This all has me reconsidering.

Me too. The major thing for me is my local ts swears the warranty is incredible going straight to them. No phone call to Bimini just grab a new rod and go.

I'm still contemplating that Benny's rod II saw for $40. It seemed such high quality I couldn't believe it. I might go back and try putting some serious pressure on it in the store see if it holds up

I'm seeing mixed review about the tsunami warranty, but overall people are quite satisfied with the service.  I've broken my Airwave Elite and had a very pleasant experience with Bimini Bay.  For the price, I would definitely recommend the Tsunami.  John Skinner can't say enough about the Airwave and I personally love mine.

I know this is an old thread but I broke 2 Tsunami Airwave rods and brought them back to the bait and tackle shop.  No issues.  They gave me brand new rods no questions asked 

Okuma doesn't have a great guarantee..Years ago I broke an eight foot spinning rod and they wanted for the broken part and shipping more than I paid for the rod...Last Okuma product that I ever purchased... 

On 9/25/2015 at 9:54 PM, Simply Addicted said:

Apparently it's five years, no matter what I do to it, just walk in and they'll give me a new one off the rack no questions asked. Be claims the policy is soo lenient they can do this for any age rod of theirs.

This is NOT Tsunami’s warranty policy - they have contacted me to ask me to edit this post. 

TimS

I have two tsunami Airwaves Elite rods. They are quality rods. They haven’t broken but have held up over a 4 or 5 year period. The 8+ Ft rod gets used 70 plus days a year. The 10+ft rod is used in heavy blows and throwing heavy plugs. I haven’t needed the warranty and would replace them if they broke because they are great rods for the way I fish. 

Posted (edited)

We sold( sell) Tsunami rods at the tackle shop that I worked at for 14 years. Tsunami does have/had a lifetime warranty on their product and folks that bought said rods used it more often than not. Granted the Airwaves are a better quality rod but I always felt that they were stiff, heavy in weight and very fast action. Not something that would interest me. The other lines if Tsunamis rod are less than good imo and I wouldn’t purchase one even with their generous warranty. If I was looking for a budget surf rod I look at the St Croix Triumph series. Very good rods for the $$$. I’ve personnally used them and the store I worked at sold a lot of them and not many retuned in three pieces. 

Edited by VanStaalSteve