Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jdelsordo

Traveling to Jersey with Pope Visit

Rate this topic

18 posts in this topic

Wondering if any other philly area guys are trying to make it to jersey this weekend with the Pope visit. Any thoughts? will it be possible, I worry about the ride home on sunday. I take the turnpike to Ocean county.

There's digital signs showing Pope in Philly traffic-plan ahead on Ocean Ave in Long Branch.  Why should anyone driving along the beach in LB care about the Pope in Philly? Is he making a pit stop in Long Branch?

I'd stay home. I have to drive my daughter into Philly on Thursday for a medical procedure and have been warned to give myself plenty of time and that parking is limited, and that's on Thursday! Also, as Nick pointed out, continuing NE wind forecast. Nasty down there the last couple of days. 

There's digital signs showing Pope in Philly traffic-plan ahead on Ocean Ave in Long Branch.  Why should anyone driving along the beach in LB care about the Pope in Philly? Is he making a pit stop in Long Branch?

The same sign is up in highlands.  I laugh every time I pass it.

good weekend for some freshwater stuff

yep that's exactly what ill be doing. That wind aint letting up, and the drive would be suicide. Ill be chasing river smallies or taking the kayak out. Thanks for the opinions guys!

I'd stay home. I have to drive my daughter into Philly on Thursday for a medical procedure and have been warned to give myself plenty of time and that parking is limited, and that's on Thursday! Also, as Nick pointed out, continuing NE wind forecast. Nasty down there the last couple of days.

Nam, I would call the place you are going to and see if there are any special restrictions, road closures, etc. They have been towing cars off the street in Philly since Monday and the Pope doesn't arrive there until Saturday.

Nam, I would call the place you are going to and see if there are any special restrictions, road closures, etc. They have been towing cars off the street in Philly since Monday and the Pope doesn't arrive there until Saturday.

Sea Jay,

Thanks for the heads up. I'm going to the hospital on North Broad and Vine. They have a parking spot for me next to the procedure area where my daughter will have her cervical facet joint injections. I'll be talking to them later today for any updates. You'd think the Pope could update that loves and fishes thing and create more parking spots out of the few available!