TimS

***WTB Threads need to be SPECIFIC

26 posts in this topic

11 mins ago, GottaFish said:

Tim   Do I need to post an asking price in the plugs wanted to buy  I know it is a rule in the wanted to sell just want to make sure I'm following the rules

If you are offering the plugs in someone's WTB thread, yes - it is up to you to post your asking price :) 

TimS

I've notice in some wtb threads someone post something/s their looking for...others reply with their offering, but the wtb person takes days or even a week or more to reply...some cases the wtb person never says " I'll pass or no thank you" that leaves the offering out in limbo...should there be a time limit as to a response from the wtb person...?...so the person making the offering can move on so as not to be left  "Hanging" out in left field.

8 mins ago, capesams said:

I've notice in some wtb threads someone post something/s their looking for...others reply with their offering, but the wtb person takes days or even a week or more to reply...some cases the wtb person never says " I'll pass or no thank you" that leaves the offering out in limbo...should there be a time limit as to a response from the wtb person...?...so the person making the offering can move on so as not to be left  "Hanging" out in left field.

If anyone notices the same person doing this more than once, report their post and they’ll get one warning. Leaving threads they start in limbo is just plain rude. 

As to a time frame waiting for a response - we leave they up to the person they owns the item - whatever they consider a reasonable period of time. For some folks that could be an hour...or a day...or a week. It’s your item, you are under no obligation to leave the item available in a thread longer than you would like :)

TimS

I do agree it's very rude to leave the person who is offering an item in a wtb post with his shorts blowing in the breeze...I guess some feel if they don't say anything it means no...wrong.

On 2/28/2019 at 6:02 PM, capesams said:

I do agree it's very rude to leave the person who is offering an item in a wtb post with his shorts blowing in the breeze...I guess some feel if they don't say anything it means no...wrong.

2 hours ago, MorningWood said:

Biggest pet peeve! :box::beatin::mad:

When this happens I would like for you to let me know. Either report the post or PM me. It’s incredibly rude...people that do it repeatedly can be removed from the BST forums. Nobody wants that kinda stuff here.

TimS

Kinda of a stick in the spokes as I'd call this....I've put up a wtb ...folks have been kind enough to post up their offerings...I've pulled a few out that were in we'll say "lots"..I believe somewhere it said no one else can shoot for the left overs that I didn't care to acquire...can I give others a shot at them in my wtb...If I say I'm done with this lot so the seller can move on with the rest if someone else would like something out of the  lot or is that going to complicate things to much.

11 hours ago, capesams said:

Kinda of a stick in the spokes as I'd call this....I've put up a wtb ...folks have been kind enough to post up their offerings...I've pulled a few out that were in we'll say "lots"..I believe somewhere it said no one else can shoot for the left overs that I didn't care to acquire...can I give others a shot at them in my wtb...If I say I'm done with this lot so the seller can move on with the rest if someone else would like something out of the  lot or is that going to complicate things to much.

We already have trouble with folks hijacking WTB threads...I think it would be too confusing to allow them to hijack when you are finished with the thread :)

Not to mention some sellers might be interested in offering plugs to you that they weren’t intending selling to the public - for whatever reason. A WTB thread is intended to be a personal thing - just one buyer. If a seller wants to sell the rest of their lots they can start a WTS thread - if folks want to buy the other stuff in your thread, they can start their own WTB thread. I think it’s easier if we continue to keep WTB threads with just the thread starter as the only potential buyer :)

TimS

1 hour ago, capesams said:

I'll stop thinking an shut up..kinda thought I'd shoot it across your bow....Thanks

Thinking is always good...the problem isn't the folks who are thinking, it's the ones that will argue later "but I saw someone buy a plug in another guy's WTB thread, why can't I do it in this thread?" that cause the grief :)

TimS