GrantW

Blank ID help. All star 1 piece

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

I've been searching like crazy and have yet to see what i am looking for. 

I live in south Texas, I just picked up a one piece blank from a builder I know in Corpus Christi. I'm told It's an All-star blank.

Its a one piece, 10' blank with a 1.05" butt diameter and what looks like a 20 tip (0.28"). Still has a price tag from when it came off the shelf that has almost a $200 buck price tag. Its comparable to a harnell 552 in size. 

I understand that breakaway uses All star for their blanks but I was never aware of a beast sized one piece heaver. 

Does anyone have any spec sheets or any idea what the ID of this blank may be?

That sounds like a pretty serious rod.  What's it for, tuna?  I can't find a single Fuji top that would fit, but MH lists some AT tips and PACBAY roller tips in that size.

Edited by buz23

I've been searching like crazy and have yet to see what i am looking for. 

I live in south Texas, I just picked up a one piece blank from a builder I know in Corpus Christi. I'm told It's an All-star blank.

Its a one piece, 10' blank with a 1.05" butt diameter and what looks like a 20 tip (0.28"). Still has a price tag from when it came off the shelf that has almost a $200 buck price tag. Its comparable to a harnell 552 in size. 

I understand that breakaway uses All star for their blanks but I was never aware of a beast sized one piece heaver. 

Does anyone have any spec sheets or any idea what the ID of this blank may be?

Hmm . . . LAMIGLAS ???

just an fyi a tip measuring .28 inch would be a size 18 tip. does sould like something cut back. 

Edited by i07nyc

Bring it by the breakaway shop in Corpus.  Nick maybe able to tell you right away. Im thinking the rod needs to be seen to ID. If it is in fact an All Star rod, there is an outside chance its what was known as a Ula rod. Which were never in the catalog. But i don't recall ever seeing an all star heaver with a 20 tip. Even if it was a rod cut down from the tip, All Star did not have tables long enough to roll sticks longer than ten feet. In fact not many do. Lami for one comes to mind. Some of Lami's old black glass rods had 20 tips and butt sections as thick as what you state. Are you sure its carbon and not glass?  

didnt all star make a 1536?

I know this is an old thread, but wasn't the 1536 the blank that Breakaway called the "AAA" ( Triple-A ) ?

I cant' remember if the AAA was a one-piece rod or not, though.

The AAA was a 1688 and also a 9 power was available. It was never made as a 1 piece rod. The rod came with a butt choice. The fishing butt (stiff but some flex) or the tournament butt. Which did have some give but took about 80 lbs of pressure to flex it an inch or so.

Edited by Big Dave