Northern Chesapeake Bay

Rate this topic

Depending on how cold it is by mid-November Sandy Point may be a good option. Otherwise, you'll need to find a place with deeper water as the fish clear out of the shallows as the water cools and the bait moves out. There are not a lot of great options in Maryland for shore fishing unfortunately as access is pretty limited. If you're trying to raise the bar on your previous best 10" striper, that should be possible though! Sandy Point soaking perch or menhaden chunks or plugging the small jetty there could produce. Across the Bay Bridge there are piers at Mattapeake and Romancoke I believe that you can fish and also Kent Narrows. These are all places that are mentioned on the MD DNR site for public fishing areas so I don't really feel like this is spot burning. Kent Narrows may be your best bet, fish under the lights and swing flukes or swimshads on leadheads in current around the bridge pilings under the lights. Sometimes the stripers are keyed in on very small bait and a teaser fly above will increase your odds. Good luck in our area!

Thanks. I may just shoot across over to Kent Narrows. Now when you say teaser fly what size and type would you recommend?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...