Wigeon

Official Tavern Hunting Thread....

Rate this topic

11,272 posts in this topic

long as the does are utilized it's all good, some farmers with the nuisance permits would just bury the deer where they dropped them, thats just a waste

Edited by Sandflee

Deer are pretty much nocturnal by me sooo...Took the boys for a walk on an oak flat this afternoon looking for tree rats. Younger son got one, older son had an opportunity but no shot according to him. 

Will go back next Saturday.  

IMG_20190119_163834588.jpg

5 hours ago, MikeMc said:

Why don't you take the sticker off the gun so the poor kid doesn't look like Minnie Pearl of the Woods?

Maybe he returned the gun to Walmart after the hunt, along with 1/2 a box of imitation Capt. Crunch that he was not completely satisfied with! 

7 hours ago, MikeMc said:

Why don't you take the sticker off the gun so the poor kid doesn't look like Minnie Pearl of the Woods?

Lol. He wanted to leave the sticker on.  It's his "first" gun. Got it for him last month.  Until then he's been using hand me down guns. That's his first kill with it.  He was pumped.  Lol. 

1 hour ago, SB59 said:

Maybe he returned the gun to Walmart after the hunt, along with 1/2 a box of imitation Capt. Crunch that he was not completely satisfied with! 

I'm in NJ. Walmarts here haven't sold guns and or ammo in years. It's embarrassing.  

8 hours ago, MikeMc said:

No sticker. Lol   he's my little hippy. Lol. 

IMG_20190119_164110703.jpg

1 hour ago, LBI SurfRat said:

Lol. He wanted to leave the sticker on.  It's his "first" gun. Got it for him last month.  Until then he's been using hand me down guns. That's his first kill with it.  He was pumped.  Lol. 

Well, ok then. I can get behind that. :th: 

Beagle brigade out and about. Sonny boy found a great new place to hunt locally which in itself is quite the accomplishment. 

We don't shoot sitting or jumped wabbits unless the barrrooo dogs jump them and they get on it. We also almost exclusively use that massive .410 in long guns and pistolas.    :wee:

A little snow for visibility and almost every wabbit tried to go straight to a hole. We hate holes. Sometimes they run in a circle, the best, sometimes straight way out and they are the hardest for the dogs to turn but it's awesome when they do.

Nice day out. Elmer Fudds several shots nuttin, wabbits win. Barooo dog was pissed they kept holing up.   :laugh: 

This dude was way serious about his tree stands. I saw several in strategic locations all camoed with christmas tree decorations along with at least 3 cameras that I saw.