Official Tavern Hunting Thread....

Rate this topic

Wigeon

On 5/1/2021 at 11:38 AM, HopHead said:

That oughta teach him not to gobble on the ground.....big boys wouldn't play on a cold and windy morning. Followed of course by the obligatory celebratory stick and coffee. Morel season too.

20210501_092654.jpg

20210501_104014.jpg

20210501_110902.jpg

Nice bird 

how you cooking it?

If you try to change it, you will ruin it. Try to hold it, and you will lose it.

Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

Nice to see the piles of logs stacking up as the PA Game Commission uses timber sales to improve habitat.6688D037-8C49-4404-8BBF-3F876B58E025.jpeg.d5ba1f52275d22a77e3c865f58fb402a.jpeg

I also saw a plow and discs at the edge of one of the fields, I wonder what will be planted? The current chief is dove crazy, so it might be sunflowers. I hope for some clover for grouse, deer, and turkeys.

:v:

"I came into this world naked, screaming at the top of my lungs, and covered in someone else's blood. I got no problem leaving it that way."
Who can hope to be safe? Who sufficiently cautious? Guard himself as he may, every moment's an ambush. Horace

2 hours ago, gadwall8 said:

Nice to see the piles of logs stacking up as the PA Game Commission uses timber sales to improve habitat.6688D037-8C49-4404-8BBF-3F876B58E025.jpeg.d5ba1f52275d22a77e3c865f58fb402a.jpeg

I also saw a plow and discs at the edge of one of the fields, I wonder what will be planted? The current chief is dove crazy, so it might be sunflowers. I hope for some clover for grouse, deer, and turkeys.

Out in western pa they plant a lot of stuff for the elk.  Of course other animals will also enjoy the benefits. I was fortunate to draw a cow elk tag out there last fall and I harvested one adjacent to a field full of clover.  The field smelled like a farm because of all the deer and elk poop in the field.   Lol. 

They might build a raft with those logs and pile it up with chit for the 2024 presidential election.

"If you want to consider what 'social security' does for and to people, look at the American Indian." -Henry Ford

"If I could live my life over, I'd live it over Giglio's B&T." -Bud E. Brown

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

On 5/4/2021 at 10:37 AM, gadwall8 said:

Where, Brady's?

@gadwall8

You know it must be a penguin bound down if you hear that terrible screaming and there ain't no other birds around. 

On 5/7/2021 at 9:13 AM, MikeMc said:

Where, Brady's?

@gadwall8

Yes.

"I came into this world naked, screaming at the top of my lungs, and covered in someone else's blood. I got no problem leaving it that way."
Who can hope to be safe? Who sufficiently cautious? Guard himself as he may, every moment's an ambush. Horace

Bro was in the backyard yesterday practicing with his bow, comes running in the house in tears. Me thinking he got hurt or something, I'm like what's wrong??? He says he shot a rabbit and now he feels bad. I'm like wtf, go in the yard and see a rabbit running around with an arrow through it. FML, go and snap it's neck. Ask him what he was thinking, says he didn't think he was actually going to hit it. Dude don't shoot at anything you don't intend on killing, I taught you that. Was a pretty impressive shot though, hit it from about 20 yards.