Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MassMino

Any advice for Boston Harba?

Rate this topic

15 posts in this topic

Hey everyone!

I am going to Boston Harbor this Saturday night for a concert and figured to try the shoreline out there afterwards.. I've been doing research and reading fish reports and I was going to try out the Nahant beach/area..  Anyone have luck out that way recently for Stripers?  I will have the whole night so I may try a few spots..

Not looking for coordinates/secret fishing holes, or to blast anyones hot spot.. So any advice/input is appreciated!

PS.. Ive been hitting up the Cape Cod Canal and it has been producing fish for sure!  As well as Wells, ME/Drakes..

Thanks guys..

Deer island is known for having some decent striper fishing but not sure if the water is cold enough to get 'em from the land. *

Edited by TimS
please keep the locations a little less specific, thanks :)

Thanks guys, I will be checking these places out for sure..  I will probably drive out to Nahant anyways to phyiscally see the area.. Deer Island was on my radar to check out and pretty sure its where they found a body recently I believe.  I'll have no fear, I am from Springfield area, we are used to this out here lol.. Eh, it can happen anywhere.

Thanks again guys..

Thanks guys, I will be checking these places out for sure..  I will probably drive out to Nahant anyways to phyiscally see the area.. Deer Island was on my radar to check out and pretty sure its where they found a body recently I believe.  I'll have no fear, I am from Springfield area, we are used to this out here lol.. Eh, it can happen anywhere.

Thanks again guys..

That body is still unidentified, which is terrible because it's a little girl.  Anyway, your member name is similar to a restaurant in Boston's North End (Massemino's) , any relation there?  It's a great place.  Good luck with the fishing, haven't been to Nahant in over 25 years but there was a restaurant up near there in Lynn called The Porthole Pub, it was a good place back in the day. 

Welcome and enjoy!

Thanks John O'!  No relation to the restaurant.. pretty ironic because growing up that was my nickname from my family being a short version of my full name..  thanks for heads up because while I'm in the area maybe I will stop there some good food.

It is horrible story about the little girl who is STILL unidentified?? Wow, that is just aweful!  I hope her family finds her and gets the closure they should have.. horrible story.

Thanks for your input.

Max

Nahant is impossible to fish unless u know someone or ride a bike in. They have a super strict residents parking only ordinance throughout the entire town. You can try to find a way around it but I promise you'll come back to a ticket if your lucky but most likely a hefty tow bill. Lynn has some decent access but it's a tough town I don't fish there without atleast a knife (nothing's ever happened but like I said it's a tough town) good luck man. Deer island can have fish and it's easy to park and access but there's usually a pretty good amount of people there.